Help with second vertical screen multiple charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by excrypto, Aug 7, 2019.

1. excrypto

excrypto

I need help figuring out something ive been able to do with every other platform ive tried like sterling/ninja/tradingview/sierra...
    Im running a veritcal monitor for max charts and want to get 3 charts on it with different TF's. As you can see if only I could "scrunch" together the volume subchart by dragging the window smaller it wouldnt overlap. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

2. guru

guru

Regarding your charts question, not sure if I fully understand it, but I’m assuming you’re trying to change your GUI/chart layout.
    There should be a “lock” icon in the top-right hand corner of your main IB desktop, and when you click it you’d unlock your GUI to be able to change it. Then when you resize or move charts around they’d snap in place to align with other charts. And you can add more charts and resize them any like you want, then lock the GUI again to preserve their positions.

3. What you can do in TWS is to create an additional "window". You can resize this window to the size you want. And in this newly created window you can define multiple charts. Each chart can be of a different time frame and/or can have different studies in them. You can also link those charts. Meaning that if you change the financial instrument on one chart, it automatically gets changed on the other charts as well. Once you have arrived at your preferred setup you can save these chart settings.