Help with Risk Reward

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by jennywestwong, May 28, 2021.

1. easymon1

easymon1

2. %%
    I see your points;
    + there is more than one right answer for some things/trend follow + hit profit targets.................................................................................
    Back to my higher time frames:caution::caution:

#42     Aug 30, 2021
    comagnum likes this.

3. i have personally been trading supply demand with SMC concept for a year and big RR is nothing but an upsell for their course its hardly 1% or 2% in gain
    you look at your account with % gain
    most of the traders who look at RR gains risk way less than 1% and that was hitting 100RR with partials taken off and risking 0.25% will not be even 5% of the capital its just misleading and a way to sell their course and mentor ship to the beginner.
    just my experience in this 1 year of SMC

#43     Sep 8, 2021
  4. %%
    Congrats on well timed entry/gain GME $6 area;
    even though it was a put\ i see on second glance/LOL
    Good thing about about trading/investing-- there are many ways to make a profit........................................................................................................

#44     Sep 17, 2021
  5. tomorton

tomorton

A great way to lose money would be chasing r:r. This leads to efforts to reduce risk by using tight stop-losses and to increase reward by setting TP's further and further away.

There is another way of looking at trading which should avoid this trap - look on trading as a means to increase your salary, not a means to make a big pile of money.

We've all had a salary. You're damn lucky if your salary rose by 5% a year. Trading can better this - suppose you have only a 50% win rate, a risk of only 1% per trade, you only make 20 trades a month, and your strategy has a r:r of only 1.0:1.5. You will double your salary faster than your wage-earning friends.

#45     Sep 17, 2021