Help with "Paint"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by RichardRimes, Apr 18, 2007.

1. My computer crashed and I need help finding the website to download "Paint". Someone on ET helped me out with that before...thanks :)

2. Have you verified that your copy of \Windows\system32\mspaint.exe file is indeed missing or corrupted -- as opposed to the shortcut itself having being deleted?

Also, have you searched all your local drives for "mspaint.exe", incl. hidden and system files? For instance, on this PC that file is found not only in \Windows\system32, but also in \Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and \Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$.

If the above doesn't help, the easiest fix would be to go to Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - Add/Remove Windows Components [tab on the left-hand side] - Accessories and Utilities - Details - Accessories - Details - Paint - check box [if already checked, uncheck first, then check again] - OK - OK - Next. Typically, you will not even need your original Windows CD, although sometimes you might.

Alternatively, you could locate that file on any other system running the same OS as yours. Then either email it to yourself or put it on a USB flash drive, CD-RW, etc. Copy the file to the same folder on your PC as the one where you found it (the above folder is for WinXP). If necessary, create a shortcut to it.

3. I didn't realise paint was on there...thanks for your suggestions..I'm sure its there somewhere :) I'll work on it this weekend

4. GTS

GTS

I don't mean to get into your business but mspaint is really lame. Have you considered using something else instead?