Help with Ninja Trader 7 after contract rollovers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Daal, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Daal

Daal

After the rollovers last week, my charts are messed up on NJ7(IB Feed), it prints all wrong, changes the width, does not accumulate bars
    What is going on?

2. It's a unstable POS platform. The reason why people use this POS is it allows custom third party plugins. For simple charting needs use Jerry Medveds. Quotetracker.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I find NT7 to be a very stable platform with superb customer support and have gone thru many rollovers without incident. Not sure what you mean when you say "it prints all wrong" or "does not accumulate bars" but you might want to send NT tech support a note if it's a recurring problem. The only thing I have to adjust after contract rollover is the spacing between the horizontal grid lines which roughly doubles in size. Takes about 5 seconds per chart to grab the price display to the right and re-space those grid lines to what I like. Once done I'm good until the next rollover.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

try tools>options>data tab>set merge policy = DoNotMerge

also this drawing tips from ninja

5. Daal

Daal

NJ was having problems getting the data. I solved by clicking Reload All Historical Data even though its usually done automatically

6. Thanks for the drawing tip. I like ninja but drawing lines can be a bit tiresome. Lots of clicking. At least you only have to do it once.

Frankly, contract rollover could be easier too for charts with multiple data streams. It's pretty easy for single symbol charts.