Help with my 1st GUN purchase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PiggyBank, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Yea Tsing said the same thing on PM.. I will take your advice and try to test one out before I buy. Thing is, they are going to vote on some sort of gun control before the end of the month and the reps are literally just pushovers so I doubt they will vote against this with the school massacre fresh in everyone's mind.

#31     Jan 8, 2013
  2. ===========
    Amen, me 2.
    [1] Pump action shotgun is slightly more reliable over a long period [2] semi auto, which is what i have is much better. than .223 Much better bang for the buck!![Meaning diamater of bullet is ONLY .223 of an inch.]
    ==================================

Also 12 guage is much better killer/man stopper than a .223 caliber;
    much ,,much better.Please practice with ear muffs
    ====================================
    Alsoa high powered rifle like 7.62 is probably going to go thru a crook;
    damage your neighbor.Get a shot gun.;because with a .223 you spend more ,,get less.Guns last a lifetime or several lLIFE times usually; a good gun store will let you shoot it out back or stand behind it./fix it

FFL dealer orders for you, small fee is tacked on ,,ask your local gunstore Thats wisdom.:cool:

#32     Jan 8, 2013
  3. wartrace

wartrace

You couldn't GIVE me an AR15 type rifle-if you did I would trade it off for another M1A or M1 Garand.

I have owned several AR's in the past but then I took a look at my requirements and decided to dump the platform. I live in an area with many open fields and woodlots. I could perceive the need for shots of up to 1000 yards and shooting into heavily wooded areas.

Any gun you buy right now will be overpriced and good luck finding ammunition at a reasonable price.

#33     Jan 8, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The M1 is quite possibly the best gun ever built.

#34     Jan 8, 2013
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Nothing says "Get the #@^* out of my house!" quite like racking a round into the chamber in a pump shotgun.

#35     Jan 8, 2013
  6. Wallet

Wallet

It's the true "universal" language

#36     Jan 8, 2013
  7. Redneck

Redneck

What self respecting redneck would pass on an opportunity to comment on guns

Guns are like fishin poles and golf clubs – no one does it all

=========================================

For home protection – a good ole revolver in 357 cal., using hollow points – money

It’s the Polaroid camera of guns – simply point and shoot

Good AR’s (no certain order)

Colt
    Bushmaster
    DPMS
    Armalite
    Rock River

You can buy most of the parts online (shipped directly to you) to build an AR – you cannot buy the lower directly – it must go to an FFL

ARs are the legos of guns – you can leave it bare, or trick it out as much as you like (night vision is a blast)

Little light reading about all things fun

http://www.ar15.com/

Shot gun w/ 00 buck or even BB

Will tear a man in half
    Will blow a hole through sheet rock
    Will tear hell out of hadite block
    Will tear a car (metal/ shatter proof glass) to peices

Use birdshot for home defense – especially if you do not want it traveling into the adjacent room(s)

AK’s

Too many cheap models on the market... and real easy to buy a crap gun – till you have some experience – wouldn't suggest buying one

And the cheap ones are not even close to accurate

However – get a good one – you can drag it through the dirt / mud / water/ hell – and it’ll still fire without fail

jmo
    RN

#37     Jan 8, 2013
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Still, my M1A makes me feel much safer due to the ability to reach out to long range. In a bug-out situation I will grab the M1A and as much ammo as I can carry.

#38     Jan 8, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What range do you feel comfortable hitting regularly with your M1A? Additionally, what's your flat footed range?

#39     Jan 9, 2013
  10. With no experience you should not even be considering making a purchase on-line, or on your own. If you don't know someone with expereince, go to your local gun range and get some instruction. See a reputable dealer. Forget the gun shows for now. You don't know enough to know how bad you're getting hosed. A reputable dealer will get you the hook up you need. Be patient. Semi-auto's aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Any change coming will take months, if at all.

#40     Jan 9, 2013