Help with MS Word

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Anyone know how to do this:

    I have a long Word document which I need to edit.

    What I want to do is underline and bold certain words in different sections of the document.

    Instead of having to use my mouse and highlight each word then click bold and underline - doing the action one word at a time - is there a way to highlight ALL the words I want to bold and underline and then just click bold and underline once? I know that Control + A will highlight everything, but I don't know how to highlight one word and then highlight another word while keeping the first word highlighted as well.

    Alternatively, is there a way to set up Word so that each word I highlight is automatically bolded and underlined?

    Mahalos in advance.
  2. No Word experts on ET? :(
  3. MarkB


    Hold down the Ctrl key while you highlight each word.

    I'd do it in sections though. If you accidently highlight something while NOT holding down Control, it'll unhighlight everything you've already done.
  4. Thank you for your reply, MarkB.

    I found out that you have to have Word 2002 to highlight noncontiguous blocks of text. I have Word 2000 so that's that. At least I can use Format Painter which helps a little.

    Thanks again for responding.