Help with Matrox G550 please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m22au, Dec 7, 2002.

1. m22au

m22au

I bought a Matrox G550. I am using Windows XP Home.

With the driver installed, I can go to Control Panel and I have a number of different color possibilities (up to 32 bit, high color) and different screen resolutions are available.

But regardless of my choice, the number of colors displayed does not change, and all I have is a handful of basic colors (probably no more than 16).

I have tried to change the number of colors with both the Windows XP provided driver, as well as the one on the CD that came with the card.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Also, if you are using a G550 card, what is the version and date of your driver?

2. I think it sounds like a driver problem. I run Matrox G400 and it gives me NO problem. If you press tha advanced button you can see you BIOS information and under Adapter - Properties you should see the driver version. Check on the web if there is a later one.

Volker

3. m22au

m22au

Thanks Volker.

What is strange is that I had the problems that I described above with the monitor from my old computer. But when I used the monitor that came with my new computer, the colors were fine.

I haven't got around to trying both (old and new) monitors running at the same time, but at least I'm getting somewhere with the new monitor showing lots of colors now.

4. Aaron

Aaron

I can't use the latest G550 driver. I forget what happens but I found success with the previous version of the driver. Try the older driver.