Help with futures brokers!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sammybea, Apr 18, 2002.

1. ssb

ssb

Hi guys. I have not traded futures before and would like to try the E-mini. I would be grateful if someone could point out where to get started. Is trading the index (e.g NQ or ES) different from trading its futures, or is all the same thing!

#11     Apr 19, 2002
  2. Actually I understand that GL Trader's quotes are slower than both IB and JTrader so ask around before assuming this to be true. metooxx seems to have stopped posting. You might send him a PM sammy.

I can confirm that the eQuotes offered by the CME are slower than IB's data.

#12     Apr 19, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

sammybea

the point of a direct conncection is not the amount of data you can pump through the connection - the important point is that is the most direct connection to the exchange - and so is not affected by the internet parameters

and if you have a direct connection - you should only use your trading platform with it - no other data on it

the time issue of the direct connection for sure is important with bonds - where a fraction of a second could affect a scalping trade

personally, with the retail imput of the eminis causing so much noise - i am not sure time is such an important factor with emini trading, but it may have more effect on indexes on liffe or eurex

but the key, even in eminis, is stability of the line

#13     Apr 20, 2002
  4. "with the retail imput of the eminis causing so much noise - i am not sure time is such an important factor with emini trading"

I agree, especially with NQ, totally erratic on the micro level.

#14     Apr 20, 2002
  5. Speed is the edge.

#15     Apr 20, 2002
  6. HI,
    Could someone please explain what this means:

""with the retail imput of the eminis causing so much noise - i am not sure time is such an important factor with emini trading"

I agree, especially with NQ, totally erratic on the micro level."

retail input=> from small traders using discount internet brokers?

causing so much noise=> Lots of little buys and sells of just a few contracts?

Time is not such an important factor=> as in a few milliseconds or are we talking minutes here folks?

erratic on the micro level=>is this a problem for day trading or just skalping??

thanks

#16     Apr 20, 2002
  7. Milliseconds.

#17     Apr 20, 2002
  8. Pabst

Pabst

Member or not, particularly as a member you are taxed at the 60/40 blend.

#18     Apr 20, 2002
  9. Really? That is news to me and good news at that but it does make sense now that I think about it.

Thanks,

#19     Apr 20, 2002