Help with dual monitor Gateway!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by futures41, Apr 18, 2004.

1. futures41

futures41

I have recently purchased a new Gateway 510G and am having problems with the system crashing constantly. Gateway has been of no help and I seem to be at a dead end. I have a P4 2.6G processor, a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 with VGA and DVI outputs and dual 17" LCD flat panel monitors. I have tried Using only one monitor and am still crashing. I have also downloaded the most current driver and still no help. Can anyone give my advice on possible solutions or explain how most multiple monitor systems work?

2. Luto

Luto

has been getting reports of causing crashes. Check the gammer forums....

3. complex

complex

how do you know the crashes are being caused by the dual monitors?

when you 'crash', what do you mean? you computer spontaneously reboots? does it drop to a blue screen? (if so, what are the first few lines?) is only one application crashing?

4. Banjo

Banjo

5. i have 2 gefroce 5200 pci's running on my computer. it works perfect and i don't think the video cards are causing your crashing. it took me time to figure out how to set it up, first you might need to disable the intergraded video card. if you can't figure it out return the computer because maybe its no good. if you don't like that idea hire a computer tec to set you up. i don't think if can cost more then 150.