Help with decision

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by OneSport3, Dec 21, 2004.

1. OneSport3

OneSport3

Currently I have two positions that have been offered to me.

The first one is a prop trading position at a firm called M&N Trading (has anyone heard of them?) Basically, 75% of their trades are the ZF and ZN. They have a draw of $30,000. The payout is 60/40 (60% to the trader).

The second position is a broker position at a futures/commodities brokerage firm called Strikepoint Trading.

I am a recent graduate and feel that both would be great learning experiences. I feel that the prop trading position may be more advanced for the skill sets that I currently possess. I was thinking that I should take the broker position to learn more about the futures industry and maybe reenter the prop trading in the future.

Would this be a good idea?

Any input would really help.

Thank you.

2. You probably don't want to be a broker (salesman) if you like trading. You have a much bigger upside trading than selling. Brokers will soon be a thing of the past.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Don

3. anyone know how there shop is doing? I was once up there a couple of years ago and I am curious?

4. I am sure the original poster already made his decision, his post was from 2004 :D