Help with building a hedged value dividend portfolio

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by gescob3, Feb 20, 2020.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

Ask your accountant - there used to be a no-action letter on SPX boxes against capital losses.
    If that is still the treatment the SPX box gains would be tax-free.

#11     Feb 20, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Yes;
    find something better than Argentina banking[ great country], oil + gas stocks ............................[50% in those is asking for even more trouble/flawed].I like some dividend stuff also; but not so much, in an early bull market or as way to avoid downtrends.
    ''Value'' stuff in stock market tends to get less valuable. Great country to visit=Argentina................................................................................................Hope this helps; it helps me.

#12     Feb 21, 2020
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Forget what I said/suggested. Professionals who trade for institutions are in a better position to advise you.

I am just an amateur retail trader, not a tax accountant so it is very difficult for me to understand what you are trying to do let alone advising you. :wtf:

I am in the minor league, I trade to make money, to make a living, not to avoid tax. My wife has a general requirement regarding my trading career: Make sure you pay tax, the more the better, I don't like tax losses.:finger:

Best wishes to you.

#13     Feb 21, 2020