Help with Broker/charting question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by roninpilot, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Hello,

I apologize if this question has been asked. I searched the forum and couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.

I'm a discretionary swing trader. I trade equities, forex and some covered call writing. I use price action basing trades off of daily candles (and above). My questions to anyone willing to help are:

1. I would like to have one account to be able to trade all of these instruments. To my knowledge IB is the only broker with a universal account but frankly their customer service reviews (along with TWS reviews) scares me. Are there any other options that would allow trading multiple instruments from one account?

2. Charting quality is very critical to my style of trading. I only require end of day data but really like the quality of Tradestation charts. The problem is if I use IB and TS then I would need to have two separate accounts to keep the monthly fee from being cost prohibitive. Any charting services that offer equities, options and forex with similar quality to TS that would be at or below $100 a month?

I greatly appreciate any input/advice you might have for me.

Thank you,

Roninpilot