help with backtesting software please

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by madmax98, Jun 17, 2007.

1. i gave stratsearch a try today using their processor and it has been running for about 3 hours now!!! with no final results yet.

#21     Jun 24, 2007
  2. Why should it be done in 3 hours?

#22     Jun 24, 2007
  3. taowave

taowave

Are you running an autosearch,multi system or One Click??

You can also refresh the resuts as you see fit....

I promise you will discover things that will shed new light and shake up your "belief system"....

#23     Jun 24, 2007
  4. i think i need to read the manual as i'm pretty confused. after all, i think in stratsearch you still have to use a programming language which is a handicap for me so any suggestions would be apreciated.

#24     Jun 25, 2007
  5. Doest Stratasearch work better for stocks than futures. I need something specifically for futures.

#25     Jun 25, 2007
  6. taowave

taowave

You dont need to learn a programming language.It has 2500 rules and they are fully disclosed.It is very easy to create new rules once you get the hang of it.

If you like PM me

#26     Jun 25, 2007
  7. Stratasearch is stocks only I believe. the company has plans to widen the product's scope but that's some way ahead i think. I'm interested in it too, but for different reasons to you.

If you want a good backtest platform with no coding then the best I'm aware of is Trading Blox. I don't use it but it is very highly regarded by those that do and a central strength is it's drag & drop user interface. Trading blox is pricey though.

Another (cheaper - though still capable) option is Tradersstudio has also implemented a programming wizard to protect users from having to wrestle with code. Now, i am a TS user but don't bother with the programming wizard. I can only say that TS can do alot and is accurate too.

Both Tradersstudio and Trading Blox are EoD only. The key difference, other than value for money, is that Tradersstudio are working to relase a real-time version early next year while Trading Blox have no plans to do so.

As you can tell, I wrestled with this question myself and settled on Tradersstudio. As for you, who can tell but I wish you well with your search.

#27     Sep 30, 2007
  8. sim03

sim03

Take a look at Thinking Stuff.

For a true "no programming" ATS software, this seems pretty slick and powerful. Note all the pre-coded bar and candlestick patterns, as well as a lot of indicator-based trading rules. Has been around for several years, with good feedback on forums. No affiliation and have not personally used it (I roll my own).

#28     Sep 30, 2007
  9. Had a quick look, isn't this forex only? Otherwise it does look interesting if you don't want to get your hands dirty with coding.

#29     Oct 1, 2007
  10. sim03

sim03

Looking at the FAQ, you're right.

#30     Oct 1, 2007