Help with a complicated Tax issue from 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by baddaytrader, May 7, 2019.

im screwed for 10 years

1. yes

40.0%
  2. no

20.0%
  3. leave the country

40.0%
  1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You are looking for help. The consultation is under $300. I suggest you find the money if you want help.

#11     May 7, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.
  2. All I'm looking for is a yes i think I can help you, this is my fee and Ill gladly pay it.

#12     May 7, 2019
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think your issue is a lot cleaner than you wish it were. You didn't elect trader status and you lost money. The rules are pretty clear and you should have known them.

You should be calling Robert Green and asking if he can help you negotiate a settlement with the irs.

#13     May 7, 2019
    jys78 likes this.
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

You lost 100% due to your own actions and in-actions. You are the cause, you are to blame, not the government.

70% of 135k/yr is 94.5k. Paying 94.5k for 7yrs is 661k. So what is it? 190+k or 660+k? 3600/mth is 43.2k/yr. Ohhh, no one told you penalties and fees stop when you enter a payment plan. You are clearly not a coder in Silicon Hills!

Wobert Gween won't wead my unformatted email.
    You don't want his help anyway. You said as much.

That's the way business works. You fail, and you suffer the consequences. The participation trophy you got has zero value at the pawn shop.

How convenient... not once, but twice! What are the odds? Damn the government and economic news!

I particularly like that part.. 8x more trades, (assuming 220 days of trading that's 17 trades per day), AND working a ft 100k job AND another 50k in 1099 "revenue"! Whew, busy guy!

Rice and beans to ya! I call BS on your backstory. That's the way it works here on ET with first posts like yours!

#14     May 7, 2019
    wrbtrader likes this.

5. Are you autistic? I said 70%, it was a rough estimate. The min the irs said they would take a payment plan was 3600 a month. I’m already paying 2800 or so in taxes. (3600+2800)/11250= .56 so I guess I was off. It’s still a fuck ton to pay on a failed business.

I’m not crying about anything. I’m asking for help to find someone with the knowledge base and experience to assist in my situation. I have literally spoken to 30 or so cpas and got the run around and wasted the remaining money I have. For me to hire someone new it would be on credit.

If you want to see my trades I’ll gladly show them. Not like it matters. I’ve been trading for the last 7 years. 2017 I had a 215% return. 2018 I had a 87% return followed by a -105% loss. I put the last cash I had into the brokerage account to try and avoid the margin call but things didn’t go my way obviously.

Yah I work in consulting. You sound like your sour cause you haven’t been able to figure out how to earn a decent income yet. Best of luck to you on that. Try to take some college courses.

#15     May 7, 2019
  6. bjw

bjw

if you're really as good a trader as you claim to be, why not learn from your past mistakes, literally live on bread and water for a few years and resume your trading? If your past success is real, you should be up and running again (and paying off the IRS easy) in no time.

#16     May 7, 2019
  7. smallfil

smallfil

It may be worth it to take a loan from your 401K to payoff part of your IRS balance. Then, the IRS might accept a lower monthly payment. I have the link to the Taxpayers Advocate within the IRS that helps Americans with tax problems. They may be able to help you.

https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

#17     May 7, 2019
  8. KevMo

KevMo

tl;dr ... no punctuation gave me a headache.

You need someone who specializes in Tax Mitigation...not the ordinary CPA. I know someone, likely not cheap. But, the deals they get for their clients are often quite shocking. I know they will not charge you just to talk to see if they gameplan your pickle.

Hit me up if you want a referral.

#18     May 7, 2019
  9. Many people have a big loss at some point that changes them for the future. This is just yours and your job is to learn from it.

#19     May 8, 2019
    baddaytrader likes this.

10. honestly thats the plan. however, given my current income, living on bread and water id only be able to save like 5-7k a year. thats no where near enough to resume trading. I usd to be a mod in r/wallstreetbets and posted about this loss, its one of the higher all time posts, pretty much everything i said that would happen from September to March actually happened. Only thing I got wrong is I figured there would be another, larger, market correction something bectween March-June, figured trump would be impeached by now causing a cascade effect in the market with his policies in jeopardy. Right now im working on find another side gig whihc I can likely make an additional 120-145k a year, but i need to get this tax situation sorted out first.

#20     May 8, 2019