"Help Wanted" Signs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Jun 17, 2021.

1. if you've traveled through Missouri, Arkansas, Texas or Missouri to Kansas, to Colorado, Utah, California, AZ, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Oklahoma, you'd see a lot of "Help Wanted" signs along the roads and highways. Fundamentally, US economic engine is humming along (it seems there're more jobs than people out there).

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

And if you walk down a city block in any American Urban area, you'd see the same thing. EVERY BUSINESS YOU WALK PAST ON THE STREET HAS A HELP WANTED SIGN ON IT! So what is your point?

dicercast likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why work for min wage, when gov pays more in subsidies for staying home??????

4. Overnight

Overnight

Yep.

5. Overnight if you'd pay RedDuke $20/hour, he might work for you as a butler, no he wouldn't scratch an itch on certain part of your body (written in his contract). Though he sounded like a union type of guy, so his service could be expensive, he might ask for $100/hour with healthcare, pension, and 4 week paid vacation.

6. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Human labor is the only commodity that hasn't went up in value in the last 30 years. When there is a shortage, prices rise. Capitalism 101. Pay more money and you will see those signs come down.

Money Trust, kmiklas and SunTrader like this.
  7. Says something about the minimum wage level, doesn't it? I know that's not what you had in mind when you brought the subject up, but it's worth looking at.

Cuddles likes this.
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

it says that if you get paid more to not work, you won’t work.

it actually says nothing about the minimum wage.

Overnight likes this.
  9. Yeah, sorry. Didn't quite catch the context while whizzing through threads with my hammer looking for nails. My mistake.

10. Good thing’s that there are more employment prospects available. Matching the right people for the right job is what’s more tiresome.

#10     Jun 24, 2021