Help this fella out

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by itcanbedone, Jan 1, 2008.

1. johnston

johnston

go forex or trade ny/ld/ger/sing/hk/tokio/syd shouldnt that solve your problem? or is it that nobody loves you for all the money you're making and making even more money without enough love would kill the last thing that lets you hold on to your ego. is it all lies? not meaning to bring you down. dont give up. your doing great, just trying to push my profile here a bit. sorry

#31     Jan 10, 2008
  2. Strange and interesting thread. It may not have to do with Trading, it might have to do with your mental thinking which can be making you depressed or angry irrespective of the situation you are in.

How about visiting a counsellor (medical) who might help you overcome these insecurities and anger?

#32     Jan 14, 2008
  3. ...(continued)

howdy folks,

the account stands at roughly 112k atm.

I've had some ups and downs, but have been able to keep the anger/hate/turmoil away. a few days ago I was up 5k but ended down 4k. (so a total move of 9K in my account)

when i realized that i was up 5k, i again sudden felt like, nothing could/should stop me; and it was a wuss/coward/etc of taking the 5k. so I held. and of course in a matter of 12 hrs was down.

this am, i was fully competent. and was able to realize that my longs would get clobbered. so i shorted and caught most of the down swoon. account is green and at historical highs (this time around)

i find that if i'm well rested and sleep: things look promising. at when fatigued and strained....things are negative.

perhaps one should consider not staring at the comp screen all day long....

to be continued....& thanks for the support.

#33     Jan 17, 2008
  4. go fishing.

Trading is about money, but not necessarily about the motivation. Same as sport etc. The desire to be the best. Or, sometimes a vehicle to work yourself out

i recommend beach fishing although there isn't much of of any beaches in the uk, maybe cornwall

Max

#34     Jan 19, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

try removing yourself from everything ,your acct is just your 9-5 factory job,your mental preoccupation with your psyche is stupidity,addiction to depression is stupidity,and calling yourself stupid or kicking yourself is stupidity,so remove yourself from stupidity, go for a 2 hr walk each day ,it'll allow you to think slower with all the distractions your viewing in slow motion and because your walking your body will produce endorphins which are a natural upper and thru habit you'll force yourself to think smarter and more realistically,you don't have to cast a negative or positive bias on everything,just approaching life threatening danger and approaching life changing breakthrus,all other events just grind thru with an open unbiased approach like the mrkts

#35     Jan 20, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

When i die i want to be up in tax heaven with you Pumper, but how do i get there? I wonder if being an atheist would help?:D

#36     Jan 21, 2008
  7. ganesh6

ganesh6

Just curious, do you trade stocks, futures or options?
    Nice returns in few days :)

#37     Jan 28, 2008
  8. I trade all three & globally.

I'm doing good in this volatility. keeping the anger within. I've been on the 'couch' so to speak for the longest during this introspection period.

i did have one day of 30K gain, but the next day down 15. so net 15.

i'll be posting more this weekend.

#38     Jan 28, 2008
  9. Hi

Self-sabotage is a prevalent thing in all walks of life from athletics to trading to family.

One simple suggestion that may help you is to have a reason for the earnings. Keep setting goals such as:

I will earn $75,000 for a new vehicle.
    I will earn $5,000 this week to pay for martial arts lessons or a gym membership.
    I will earn $10,000 next week to give to a charity of my choice
    I will earn $20,000 in February to pay for one awesome steak dinner every week for the entire year

It may give you a reason. Also, withdraw your earnings and keep trading the $50,000. Then you won't keep giving it back and mentally, you'll see that you're starting back at zero every month which is what you do anyway - but now you'll have savings.

#39     Jan 29, 2008
  10. What exactly is your motive of this thread, itcanbedone? Why are you posting all this? Analysing yourself and checking your moves?

#40     Feb 6, 2008