Help this fella out

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by itcanbedone, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Keep in mind the vig you are paying to Uncle Sam in gains. Find tax heavens to protect your wealth.

#21     Jan 4, 2008
  2. of the many trading books i have read; The Psychology of Trading by Brett Steenbarger helped me improve my trading significantly during my first year. I strongly recommend it as you will find many answers to the areas you find difficult to manage in your trading.

#22     Jan 6, 2008
  3. I went through the same thing, you are probably using too much leverage. Trade smaller and steadier, no reason to get angry over any single trade if it's only a tiny percentage of your overall return. You are probably constantly going for the home run; hence, any single trade has a good chance to throw you off balance.

#23     Jan 6, 2008
  4. minmike

minmike

If you have a good system let a computer trade it. Computers don't get angry bored or tired.

#24     Jan 7, 2008
  5. ok, as we continue this month..

the trading account now has gone from 50K to roughly 88k, so i'm up about 8.5K in these past two days of Dec.

my trades are going well--i'm keeping angry emotions down. and trying to work like a robot. "keeping negative thoughts away"

atm, they are not an issue. i fear that they may return.

i will give an update on my past patterns in a few days. but for this moment, i thought, if i put my return on this board: perhaps it will keep my from not letting the anger arise.

I feel like the Hulk w/o the green paint and the babes.

also, thanks to all the pms, i'll be writing to each one.

please keep this thread going--i'd like to hear/read how other traders overcame their mental hurdles.

#25     Jan 8, 2008
  6. This whole thread is hilarious! :p

Oh, I am just trying to get my post counts up. Sorry for not being more constructive. lol

#26     Jan 8, 2008
  7. After every 100 posts we get 1 free trade w/ our broker.

#27     Jan 8, 2008
  8. Really? I thought it was you get a free boot and get to try your luck again in this Forum. :D

#28     Jan 8, 2008
  9. account now at 105K after today's drama.

I'm feeling the rise, not of anger this time, but of greed.

I'm taking a couple of days off.

#29     Jan 9, 2008
  10. so the beast has returned in its full glory.

i'm angry and sulking. yes, i made 16K today, yes it was intense, and yes, i made the sums.

could it be that I don't know how to end my day. I mean to say: on days where intense concentration is demanded and given, my mind is sharp as a tack. and then *poof* market close time.

so, now this brain is all wired up and geared up for more, but suddenly i return to the mundane life. i start thinkin of my dead father, past failures, etc, and bum my self out.

it is perhaps why i have those sharp curves to the upside. when i'm focused and sharp. but as i get numb and dull, i start revenge trading. pushing myself back into the glumness of life.

how i yearn to be happy. but today, i'm very very sad.

i'll keep an eye on this and report later.

#30     Jan 9, 2008