Help...please

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by helpme, Feb 27, 2006.

1. helpme

helpme

I don´t like to ask but is there any kind soul out there who know how to trade and can help me? A mentor who only ask for a % of the profits and not all my money up front.

God bless you

Thank you

2. u nutz!

those u'll flood your inbox don't have a clue and never will, they prolly are ex-system vendors or professional shills skilled in going after naive newbs like u.
    the road to success is inside u: hard work and discipline will get u there.

3. wabrew

wabrew

4. just say my adult son came to me and asked me that same question, I'd tell him a couple basic things and forego the well-intended philosophical and complex replies there are a lot of here. I'd tell him to read some basic stuf on the market just to make sure he knew the differences between things like options, TA and say, reading the ticker, or what an ETF is. Then I'd tell him to research candle sticks, moving averages, and learn to read charts. I'd make sure he knew that this whole subject is like advanced mathmatics and can't be learned overnight and will seldom be mastered in one lifetime. That the randomness of every element of it makes it probably one of the hardest things to understand in todays world. BUT, by keeping it simple, he's got a shot. I'd tell him that in many ways it's a lot like starting any business and that shortcuts are dangerous and expensive. And I'd advise that he focus on a small arena that he can get a grasp of and experiment with rather than be overwhelmed by trying to inderstand it all.

But most of all, I'd tell him that there is a whole industry out there that is related to it that hawks software, methods and claims, the vast majority of which are next to useless and only there to swindle him out of his capital and his confidence.

5. trading bubble?

6. Yannis

Yannis

Sure, no problem. Take a look at www.pristine.com or www.onlinetradingacademy.com or www.marketwise.com. You may even want to talk with Tony at www.tonyoz.com, he has an excellent trading course/method on CDs. Or, you may want to contact Deron at www.morpheustradinggroup.com. There are several others, but these are representative enough. Choose one, focus on their method and learn their stuff. It's a no-brainer. It can work for you, like it worked for many others, if you devote yourself to learning this great craft. But, remember that this is a very difficult profession: most of those who try to make a living out of it fail sooner or later. Good luck! :)

7. Yannis

Yannis

Sure, no problem. Take a look at www.pristine.com or www.onlinetradingacademy.com or www.marketwise.com. You may even want to talk with Tony at www.tonyoz.com, he has an excellent trading course/method on CDs. Or, you may want to contact Deron at www.morpheustradinggroup.com. There are several others, but these are representative enough. Choose one, focus on their method and learn their stuff. It's a no-brainer. It can work for you, like it worked for many others, if you devote yourself to learning this great craft. but, remember that this is a very difficult profession: most of those who try it fail sooner or later. Good luck! :)

8. helpme

helpme

Thank you
    I was wondering if somebody in here want and can help?? I have experience of such services. If they sell it then it is often not worth buying. :(

9. what are you wishing to learn how to trade ?

stocks , options , futures ( god forbid for a newbie )

mutual funds ?

what time frame do you wish to hold your trades?

seconds , minutes , hours , days , weeks ?

how much time and money have you spent
    already and with whom in trying to learn how to
    do this ? how old are you and is this money
    you would risk money you can afford to lose ?

good luck

10. Knowing the mechanics and rules of the trading game (yes, it is a game!) is not enough. Discipline and the proper trading mindset is very important. I read in a trading magazine that the learning curve to trade successfully is about 3 years. In this timespan, it is more important to KEEP your capital than to grow it. Money management will keep you in the game long enough to learn. But all these are still meaningless unless you have the PASSION to trade. Unless you are up early in the morning ready for the market open even if you had but little sleep because you were checking charts the whole night... unless minor setbacks doesn't deter you... unless you can't wait for Monday morning during a seemingly endless weekend... unless you are determined to learn because you have the gaming instinct running in your veins and would not think of any other endeavor more exciting than trading for a living; then don't go to this lonely road of long hours and hard work. Trading is not easy but for those with the PASSION, it is a labor of love. :)

Don't learn to trade to make money. Learn to trade to know the beauty and patterns of the markets and its various ideosycrasies. Learn to trade RIGHT with intensity of PASSION. If that is the case, money will follow naturally. And yet, in trading, money is just a score. The journey is infinitely more important and exciting that its destination. To the true trader, we wish the journey will never end.

#10     Mar 19, 2006