HELP PLEASE-Where are my contracts ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by andy4, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I believe you, just move your account to Mirus in the morning if you don't get a VERY good explanation from AMP!

#21     Jul 21, 2009
  2. andy4

andy4

Thanks, may have to, though I guess you get what you pay for but Mirus was a good % more than AMP for comm's
    Thanks,
    Andy

#22     Jul 21, 2009
  3. Is that 4.40 RT?

#23     Jul 21, 2009
  4. andy4

andy4

lol, yeah an answer would be cool :)
    I'm paying 3.80 RT for ES, drops after vol' and about 2.40 RT for ESTX (early morning trades) WHEN I'm making a profit lol, it's usually not much per trade so every little helps.
    Later Andy,
    I'm going to crash now, the ESTX at 3.30am is tough. Though get to sleep later because of this - always an upside :)

#24     Jul 21, 2009
  5. #25     Jul 21, 2009
  6. limau2

limau2

#26     Jul 22, 2009
  7. andy4

andy4

Hi Guys,
    well have some thinking to do, concerning AMP.

The result, still no return phone call from them !! I Called them at 8.02am and they answered right away. Put me through to their trading desk. I explained what happened and the guy said "yep" it happens a lot !!

The problem comes down to , so he says, TT clearing or resetting their servers between 4pm and 5.30pm EST, wipes out your position ??

He told me to shut Ninja down and switch back on in 15min's, he'd reset DOM to "0" I did and all is well ,on the Ninja end.

BUT still not nice to see about a 1400$ loss on the DOM even if not real. Plus no one there to answer a phone in the evening, or return a call ?

I have been very pleased with AMP, their tech help has been very good (I struggle with the simplest things) Their comm' seem to be the lowest , so I guess I'll think about what happened and try to put safe guards in, at least I know, what maybe can happen.
    Later,
    Andy

#27     Jul 22, 2009
  8. #28     Jul 22, 2009
  9. nvrabel

nvrabel

Andy4,

Sent you a Private Message

#29     Jul 22, 2009
  10. I don't believe them about "...TT clearing or resetting their servers between 4pm and ..." That's hogwash. I've been on TT for years and never had the problem you describe. A trade either goes through or it does not. Your FCM's system is flawed if this happens once or "a lot."

#30     Jul 22, 2009