HELP PLEASE-Where are my contracts ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by andy4, Jul 21, 2009.

1. andy4

andy4

Hi ,

Ninja answered right away, they can't do anything, but they also see that I was short 4 contracts (sent them the log and have it saved). I was able to log onto Chicago clearing, which showed also 4 short contracts. I just went ahead and closed them, but through Ninja - so yes it's now showing I'm long 4 :-( But Chicago Clearing now shows I'm flat. What a mess, guess I'll have to wait and deal with it in the am, if Amp ever returns my calls. Though I'll call them at 8am , guess that's when first people show up.

Thanks again,

Andy

#11     Jul 21, 2009
  2. VinnyB

VinnyB

Andy,

Who did you call? #?

Thanks,

VB

#12     Jul 21, 2009
  3. andy4

andy4

Hi I called 1 800 560 1640, all I get is a recording.

Man I have everything I can get that says I'm flat apart from Ninja DOM that says I'm now long 4 , trading is hard enough without this stuff going on.

Guess I'll see what they do in the morning. I'll post so you may see what ended up happening. So far I had been very very pleased with AMP.
    Later,
    Andy

Hopefully the over night won't mess my trading up tomorrow, have to be very careful not to close those 4 out, actually guess I'm on a break till AMP figures this out.

#13     Jul 21, 2009
  4. VinnyB

VinnyB

Thanks Andy.

I meant, who did you call to close out?

You wrote " NINJA answered" but then mentioned Chicago Clearing.

No one at Dorman said anything about being able to log on in case of a "situation".

I'm just trying to do some [after the fact] DD so I can intelligently blast some people tomorrow if I need to.

Hope all worked out for you come AM.

Always a surprise in this business, huh?

Regards,
    V

#14     Jul 21, 2009
  5. andy4

andy4

Hi,
    oh sorry for the confussion.

Ninja - as always answered the email very quickly, I could find no trading desk number, so I closed out the position through Ninja, who also before I closed it said they also see the log shows I'm short 4, but of course I need to check with my broker..

So what I have is Chicago clearing portal showing me now I'm flat. But now Ninja shows I'm long 4 :-( If you go over my orders and fills, I'm flat, but the DOM and the position tab shows I'm long. This is just no good not being able to contact anybody.

Means I'll probably not sleep good, plus can't trade till I get it fixed (I've been trading the ESTX in the early morning, don't sleep good anyway,lol)
    andy

#15     Jul 21, 2009
  6. If you like AMP and your account is already there, just use a different software. They also offer TT and AMP Global. Not sure how you are supposed to manage risk if you don't know your position.

#16     Jul 21, 2009
  7. andy4

andy4

Hi,
    I acutally use TT feed with Ninja - not sure yet but this could be a TT feed problem, once, IF I get a real live person in the am, will let you know what happened.
    Andy

#17     Jul 21, 2009
  8. Surdo

Surdo

Even if it is a software problem locally, there is no excuse for AMP not answering the phone.

Shame on you AMP!

#18     Jul 21, 2009
  9. andy4

andy4

Wow just found out (about 20 mins ago) that AMP is also Velocity Futures !!!! Go a head try calling Velocity, you'll get a message only to be passed on to the AMP message ??
    Man this gets crezier by the min'.
    Andy

p.s. I was not sure who to go with at first, both brokers offered good set ups, AMP was slightly better com's, lol guess thats making a market.

#19     Jul 21, 2009
  10. andy4

andy4

Hi,
    yes it answers Velocity, then go a head and hold and you'll get AMP !!

#20     Jul 21, 2009