Help on swing trading setup w/ IB..

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Joe777, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Joe777

Joe777

Basically I'm a swing trader who mostly looks at EOD charts, but I like to follow the intraday action too when I'm placing trades. I have a core set of stocks that I follow and evaluate daily, and I'm having a hard time finding the right setup to keep track of everything.

I have Telecharts for scanning purposes, and it's also great for EOD analysis. I really like the watchlists, which allow me to move quickly through my basket of stocks and flip through various chart setups my indicators, and the charting features are pretty good as well.

The problem is that this program doesn't work on an intraday basis, so I have to import the stocks I'm watching to some other program that will show me intraday charts and data. All of the programs I've used w/ IB (quotetracker, sierra charts, ninjatrader) seem to make it difficult to keep an eye on a set number of stocks without entering them all individually each time I start the program. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with these yet, or maybe I'm just spoiled by the easy-to-use TC watchlists.

Can anyone recommend a good charting program that has a Watchlist like feature? I'd really like to be able to consolidate all this into one program, and trade from IB, but so far I haven't found a good solution.

Thanks

2. H2O

H2O

I haven't used the software for ages, but as far as I'm aware they also offer a 'real-time' or intraday package. Of course pricing will increase with rt data...:D