Help New Realtick!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Denny1969, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Denny1969

Denny1969

Hi guys and gals, I am new to the forum, this is my first message.
    I have been using Realtick for a while now (2 years). I have been using vers.7.5 happily and successfully. Well, I was notified that 7.5 will not be "supported" anymore. So I downloaded the new 7.7 vers.. OMG!! What is with the candlestick charts and bar charts. They have become very, very Fat and squatty on 15, 30 min etc.... charts. I called repeatedly to tech support,
    and they keep telling me thats the way it's supposed to look. Well I freakin
    hate it!! The techs there say they don't know what 7.5 looks like. Bull*&^%!
    7.5 does not have this (they say feature) I call it a complete waste of programming code.If anyone out there is having a similar problem please help. If I am the only one, fine, but I can't see how such a popular program, can do this. Some times my candlesticks are a half inch wide. How does this help anyone?! This is so lame!!! Thank You.

2. Harry123

Harry123

Hi, I may have the solution to your problem concerning the width of your candlestick charts. Right click on the chart and then go to display. In the display menu you will notice a box entilted "per width" set that to "1" if it is not currently. Click Ok and you hopefully should have the minimum pixel width for your candlestick charts. If that does not help I don't know what else will. I would then have to ask you if you're working off of a low resolution monitor or an old video card 8 meg or under. Hope this will help your situation. Shoot me a PM if it does not.

3. Sittas

Sittas

The fat candles might be due to the #days in the chart.

If there are only a few candles in a chart
    the program will stretch the candles to fill the whole chart box.
    This results in the fat candles.
    By changing the number of days this can be prevented.

Hope this helps.

4. Harry123

Harry123

This is also another possiblity as well. Sittas is entirely correct make sure you dont just have 5 days on as that will do what he says if its a daily chart view.

5. Denny1969

Denny1969

Thank you guys so much. I will try this when I get home. You guys were
    way more helpful than Realtick Tech support. I will let you guys know.
    Thanks again!

6. BSAM

BSAM

You're paying how much for RealTick?......And they couldn't tell you the simple things you've been told here on ET?? :eek:

7. Denny1969

Denny1969

I pay $180 month for their Realtick service and the CME.
    Yes, that's why I was so mad. They acted like "I" was the
    problem. Never mind I have made my modest living using 7.5
    and trading the ES. One tech even told me, well sir, the higher
    the time frame, 30 min, 1 hour, the candles will get longer because
    they cover more time. Gee, no shit! I about fell out of my chair from
    hysterical confusion. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. I just couldn't
    believe it.

8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I upgraded to RealTick 7.7 and did not like the data source used on the 7.7 servers ( could not get lots of the information that I had been getting from the Comstock data used on the RealTick 7.6 and prior versions). So, I went back to using RealTick 7.6. When I can no longer get the Comstock data through RealTick 7.6, I will have to look for another source for data and charting software. It is like there is a whole new group of people at RealTick, a complete turnover of tech support people. There seems to be no one in tech support that knows or appreciates what has been accomplished or taken place in the past.

9. That's a shame if that is actually the case. I used RT for several years, and one thing that always impressed me was how smart the tech support reps were. In my experience they were just head and shoulders above those with every other product.

The worst? TradeStation, without doubt. Don't know what it's like now, but their reps used to be so totally clueless you had to wonder why they even hired them. They could just do like QCharts and not answer the phone at all, and avoid the frustration.

10. Denny1969

Denny1969

Well, I tried everything that you guys said, and I still can't get it he way 7.5 was. Thank you for your help though. Catoosa, hi, well, I guess I will just use 7.5 till they kick me out : ) Oh well, I better find a new package. It sucks because I am comfortable with my charts, and have put a lot of time and effort in to getting the charts exactly the way I want them.

#10     Mar 11, 2004