Help needed: lightweight mini desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smile, Aug 23, 2012.

1. GS19

GS19

CPUSolutions.com is good.

Very happy with the trading machine they built for me.

GS

#11     Aug 24, 2012
  2. Not with Apple's laptops, they allow connecting multiple external monitors.

#12     Aug 24, 2012
  3. As usual, Winston is a wealth of information.
    And as always, thanks for the education!
    Cheers

#13     Aug 24, 2012
  4. They are taking a vacation because they have a series of losing trades! So study the trades hard! LOL :D

I have been using many of the USB-to-VGA/DVI adapters. For the most part they work well. Except on one brand on a multiple adapter configuration.

#14     Aug 25, 2012
  5. smile:

I have never used the matrox video product you linked. I think they are too expensive for the function they serve.

The IOGear USB-to-VGA adapter works. I have one of those. But the resolution is only 1600x1200.

I would recommend SIIG USB-to-VGA Pro adapter. It supports the 1920x1200 resolution (most monitors these days are 1920x1080 - which is 1080p). I have them running in multiple configurations and they work well with Windows' display manager app. You control where to place the monitors right in Windows (instead of using an external app).

You should be able to have maximum of 3 of them on your laptop to drive 3 external monitors (because typically a laptop supports 3 USB outlets these days). Any more, I don't know. It is not a given either... you just never know until you try.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

#15     Aug 25, 2012
  6. smile

smile

Many thanks to everyone for the responses and terrific information!

#16     Aug 27, 2012
  7. Mr_You

Mr_You

Lenovo offers the ThinkCenter M92p as a "tiny" multi-display PC. I'm not sure of its general availability.

#17     Aug 27, 2012
  8. OnClose

OnClose

This PC looks interesting I wonder if heat would become a problem with such a small box.

#18     Aug 28, 2012
  9. jacksena

jacksena

You can solved your your computer issues by online support which provide you free suggestion by expert so you need to contact toll free(1-855-512-4808) for better solution.

#19     Aug 28, 2012