Help needed in setting up and logging into new IB account

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hajimow, Mar 21, 2004.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Hi,
    I just opened my new IB account. When I want to login, after I enter my password in new login window, a popup window flashes every 5 seconds and says loging in process and it seems that in process it is writing someting into my Jts directory in my local machine but this process has taken more than 16 hours!!! and there is no end to it. The size of my Jts folder has increased from about 4M to 12M but after 16 hours I just stopped. I have the latest TWS standalone software and I get the same result.My internet connection is 56K and my connection speed is 45K. Can someone please inform me what should I expect and am I doing something wrong? I can provide more information if needed. By the way my PC is a 2.7GHz celeron 512M Ram.

Thanks for the help

2. IB shuts down on weekends. Try it later this evening.

3. hajimow

hajimow

I just realized that and I came back to respond to myself that I saw your response. What a bummer I was!. IB could simply send a popup window of "Service no available" instead of "Login in Progress" and then I did not have that problem in the first place. Well it seems that I am learning. I had accounts in Etrade, TD Waterhouse, Fidelity, Ameritrade, Scottrade but God this is different.

4. IB does what it wants.:mad: However they are an excellent broker aside from a few glitches.