Help NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vmoney, May 27, 2002.

1. vmoney

vmoney

I have just graduated college and am interested in becoming a professional trader and need some guidance. First, what are the (dis)advantages of starting with a trading firm like Bright Trading compared to starting on my own. Next, if it is more advantageous to work with a professional trading company do any have entry level programs for individuals like me just out of college with little capital. For instance, a program where I may start with 5,000 to 6,000 dollars. In the event that I need more capital, will a company sponsor me to take the required licenses while working to build up my capital. Lastly, what would be your advice for me to prepare for my future career as a professional trader? (for example what are some good books you would recommend)

Thanks in advance for all the help

PS: This site rocks
    :cool:

2. Just call me next week to discuss.

Don Bright

3. you have almost 0 chance of making it on your own with that little money.most of us lost much more than that during our learning curve.

4. Treykool

Treykool

retail trading firms that ask you to put up money up front will suck you dry. they put themselves before you...obviously they have no confidence in you. it's a scam. go to a place that requires little or no money down. might be tougher to get in, but if you can show you got potential it's a far better avenue than the "churn and burn" outfits.

oh, and don't be fooled into paying extra for "in-house" training. it's all a marketing ploy to suck even more money out of you.

5. forget what you just spent 35 grand learning. read market wizards(Schwager), reminiscenses of a stock operator (LeFevre), education of a speculator (Niederhoffer), the trading athlete(Murphy/Hirschorn). Learn to know when you have conviction and go with that no matter what.

6. Read Jea Yu's Guerilla trading book, the Market Maker's Edge by Lukeman, and even Rule the Freaking Markets is pretty good and entertaining. The last one is geared to newbies but even veterans will pick up useful tidbits. These are all good primer daytrading books.

After these books, then proceed to the heavier ones like Market Wizards, Stock Operator, etc.