Help, my interview with Summit trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MZG, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MZG

MZG

Initially he said 3$ /1000 shares. Then they adjusted that to .03/100 to enter and .03/100 to exit. Making it total 0.06/100 shares TRADED. Also they said maximum shares preposition is 300, but you have to make a minimum of 10,000 shares traded per day. This means you will need to take about 34 positions per day, which is too much for the none experienced.

One thing I hate about this forum is the inability to focus. The main question is WHAT THEY WILL GAIN from that?

#11     Dec 27, 2010
  2. Never heard of a prop firm that won't even interview experienced traders, obviously if someone traded for 5 or 13 years some of those years had to be good. Anyway, since they are backing you, the only thing you have to lose is time and you will get free training and experience out of it on their dime.

#12     Dec 27, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I can see why. The experienced traders would sniff out their bullshit, and run for the hills telling others to do the same...

And no, don't say, "well that's so they can keep out traders who will bring bad trading habits with them." If the prop firm is worth a damn, they'd take in an experienced trader and HONE their skillset (if the firm has any skill/edge to teach lol) rather than bring on rookies with ZERO experience for hand holding, and whatever else it would take. Hope that was a "focused" enough response, btw! Good luck op! You're going to need it!

Looks like we can put Summit on the b.s. list from what I've read thus far!

#13     Dec 27, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

I asked about the disparity because it would help detail what this firm would have to benefit from having you, based on these figures, trade for them. The two figures represent a either a 10 fold increase (or a 90% decrease) in revenue stream for the company depending on the actual rate. Big difference. Most props make their money on overrides.

#14     Dec 27, 2010
  5. MZG

MZG

How did you know? Actually that’s the exact line they used. They said “we do not any traders that will bring bad habits with them”

I still do not understand what any prep firm will gain from day trading. I do not see any money in there. What kind of under the table things that they can do?

#15     Dec 27, 2010
  6. MZG

MZG

When I said inability to focus I meant this whole thing about Sunday after Christmas interview. Not the commission argument which is very much valid. However, what he will gain when a new wastes 2000$ every day for 6 months. After all it is not my money.

#16     Dec 27, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm sure they would say something like that since they don't want an EXPERIENCED trader smelling out their bullshit, and spreading the word. Lol! Some of these fly by nights make me laugh loudly. LOL!:D

We'll read some small clip about them about them sooner than later. It will probably involve the wearing of handcuffs too...

OP, check these outfits out, and let us know what you find out:
    1. GETCO
    2. Five Rings Capital
    3. Jane Street
    4. Hudson River Trading
    5. Jump Trading
    6. Optiver
    7. SIG
    8. DRW
    9. IMC
    10. Tower Research
    11. Spot Trading
    12. Tibra
    13. Allston Trading
    14. Madison Tyler
    15. DC Energy
    16. Louis Dreyfus Commodities
    17. Flow Traders
    18. Timber Hill
    19. First New York Securities
    20. Chicago Trading Company
    21. TransMarket
    22. Consolidated Trading
    23. Group1 Trading
    24. Trillium
    25. Wolverine

#17     Dec 27, 2010
  8. jtnet

jtnet

sounds like they are making fake trades thru black box and to the newbie they think its real. they only pay out on winners and split it too so they arnt risking that much.

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. MZG

MZG

but if these fake trades are not going through, how they will make money? Can you explain more?

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. sjfan

sjfan

you are paying commission on those fake trades aren't you?

#20     Dec 28, 2010