Help Me With A Trading Question Please

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Handsome, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Well, I guess we all have our own special interests....Nothing wrong with being gay Surdo...Now if you don't mind I would suggest you get back to your parade in "the village" while we try to help this guy...

-----------------------
    Handsome

What is your net worth.. How is it that you have any disposable monies to risk in the market?

I find it difficult to believe that a person whose income is $700 a month can make ends meet let alone invest or trade in the stock market...I'd like to know more about your situation before offering a comment...

Steve

#31     Sep 4, 2006
  2. Surdo, You are a fag. Only a fag would come on elite trader and ask somebody how big their dick is. I'm sure his dick will fit nicely in your mouth you Fag!!

#32     Sep 4, 2006
  3. SarahG

SarahG

Surdo - you really should keep your sexual preference to yourself. There are gay nightclubs and queer homosexual same sex websites that cater to queer homosexuals like yourself. Elite trader forum is not the place for you to search for a gay lover. And besides, it is really gross that you would be a queer. Did something happen to when you were a child to make you turn gay and want to have sex with men? It is not normal for a man to have sex with another man. It is gross. Please take your homosexual thoughts to yourself. This is a stock trading forum.

#33     Sep 4, 2006
  4. ak15

ak15

Not necessarily. This person says he will average 4 trades per month, 48 trades a year and make approximately $15,000 per annum which works out to $1,250 per month. These figures in and of themselves do not indicate anything conclusive. There are several other factors involved including source of funding to make these trades. Based on the information provided it would be sheer conjecture to label him as an investor or trader. The link below provides detailed guidelines as to what constitutes a trader in securities.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc429.html

#34     Sep 4, 2006
  5. edpolton

edpolton

If your ownly income is the Soc Sec and 15k in trading you will not be paying taxes anyway. The Soc Sec will not be considered taxable and your 15k will be reduced to just about nothing by your itemized deductions and your personal exemptions.

File the schedule D anyway otherwise you'll receive a letter asking for it.

#35     Sep 4, 2006
  6. Thanks tommy!

#36     Sep 4, 2006
  7. I have a very good net worth as I made very good money before getting cancer..I also have my house paid off which is worth quite a bit...so bottom line is I do have some money to buy some stocks.

You see, due to my only income (besides my savings and assets) is soc sec disability and due to it being so low, I am not required to file a tax return...So my whole purpose in asking about if i made $15K say in a year buying and selling a stock (just threw that 15k figure out for an example) is I was wondering if there is a minimum one must make on say buying and then selling a stock before they need to file a return...

But from all the good replies, I now understand that yes, I would need to file a return and list any and all buys and sells so I really appreciate all the good advice here as that is why I asked here..

I am talking really small time..like maybe buy and then hold and then sell in a few months if it is profitable...so trader status wouldn't even be close to applying to me..

As tommy as posted I think I will hire a CPA if I decided to buy and then sell any stocks this year..

Thanks for all the replies.

#37     Sep 4, 2006
  8. Thanks as that is basically what I was trying to find out...If I would need to even file if I only say made a profit of 15k so you, as well as the others, have been very helpful to me and I appreciate it..

Thank you.

#38     Sep 4, 2006
  9. Thanks to each and everyone of you for all the very sound advice. I appreciate it very much!

#39     Sep 4, 2006
  10. I worried a lot when I started about how I was going to pay the taxes. Going on my third year now and so far the only thing Ive had to worry about is how much of my losses can I deduct.:)

#40     Sep 4, 2006