help me lose some bloody pounds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by insert, Jul 7, 2007.

1. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Hit me up when you get down to 210lbs. We'll race. You pick the distance, obstacle, what have you...

We'll decide on a wager when the time comes.

oh and stop eating bread. My best friend's dad lost 50lbs in 3 months because he cut flour out of his diet. He lost another 30lbs when he cut dairy out of his diet. So basically your diet should consist of lean meats, fruits and vegetables. That plus exercise should have you well on your way. Also. eliminate all sugars from your diet (gatorade, fruit juices, pop). Oh yeah, drink green tea (without sugar, of course).

Awhile back, I did a lot of research about all this. If you want to know more, PM me.

#51     Jul 9, 2007
  2. I take 3tsp. daily with mine. If taking fiber like this it is hard for me to imagine someone wanting to stuff themselves full of sugar and fat. I simply don't even have the urge anymore.

#52     Jul 9, 2007
  3. Sure that will work to lose weight, but it is a pain in the butt, and actually not very healthy. Carbs are great for your health, they are just overused. No need to eliminate them. Natural sugars in fruit are great, just not refined sugars.

#53     Jul 9, 2007
  4. Speaking of lean meats, I suggest flank steak as it is a nice muscular meat that is bursting with flavor (cut it against the grain for the best taste). Good protein, low fat. Its win win :)

I love a good ribeye but unfortunately its full of fat. tastes great though. Also Filet Mignon is very lean but I find it WAY overatted, its got very little flavor and its pretty pricey.

#54     Jul 9, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

its my fav.....on the bbq.....get the pricier organic meat...no antibiodics or steriods...

#55     Jul 9, 2007
  6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

90% of all carbs that americans eat are simple carbohydrates that have no significant benefit. Sugar is a simple carbohydrate. pasta is a simple carbohydrate. flour is a simple carbohydrate.

#56     Jul 9, 2007
  7. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

eat this instead of regular bread. you can find Ezekiel Bread at all health food stores and all major grocery stores in the frozen food section. http://www.foodforlife.com/

[​IMG]

Olympic runner, and good friend of mine, Paul McMullen introduced it to me.

[​IMG]

#57     Jul 9, 2007
  8. Yeah, Ribeye is delicious and its expensive whether you get the regular cut or the organic ones. Might as well pony up the extra cash and get the one without all those chemicals.

#58     Jul 9, 2007
  9. I agree that we eat the wrong ones mostly. I'm just saying that a person should eat carbs. They are essential. It is impossible to list all the bad and good ones though. Better to simply say things like, "try to eat whole grain when possible". Brown rice is better than white. Cooked whole grain wheat in the morning with a bit of cinnamon and honey is excellent. A nice rice cooker really helps the process go faster.

#59     Jul 9, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

has anyone ever followed a MICROBIOTIC diet..i think thats the name ,,,not sure...very very healthy..as a matter of fact it is highly reccomended for cancer patients...anyone ever heard or followed this diet??

#60     Jul 9, 2007