Help me get into European stocks

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Aisone, May 12, 2008.

1. Aisone

Aisone

I've been a longtime Nasdaq daytrader and want to increase my intraday trading by monitoring european stocks when the US markets are closed.

I'm looking for the names of the major european electronic stock exchanges and respective stock symbol lists that I can download and start collecting data for.

I will also need realtime newsfeeds so I have immediate access to any company-specific 'breaking news' that hits the 'tape'. Currently I use newsware.com for dow jones headline news for the US markets - what would be an equivalent for europe (or for particular countries like england or germany etc?) Newsware also offers some international sources that perhaps might have what I need?

Finally, are there any other important differences or things to note when filing taxes? Can everything simply be consolidated using mark-to-market accounting like with US stocks etc?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Ive seen some very good looking tapes on CNBC for intraday euro stocks and was considering the same thing. My thought was that a good place to start would be the eurostoxx 50 since they are the most liquid and tradeable. Theres a list on Google...