Help me choose software and broker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shark, Jul 28, 2008.

1. After 3 years with MB Trading I have finally transferred due to a number of reasons
    - Very basic platform
    - lagging futures quotes
    - Poor customer service - it was once excellent.

Also note MB trading have started charging data fees you need to do like 25 trades to get that exchange free.

I have gone with Velocity and X-trader, Velocity is a futures only broker.

#11     Jul 29, 2008
  2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is the premier Ninja Trader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the Ninja Trader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

#12     Jul 29, 2008
  3. nexx

nexx

Exactly why i said use Quotetracker and to use a data feed vendor IQfeed or eSignal. but yea there platform is pretty basic.

#13     Jul 29, 2008
  4. tiger_6

tiger_6

IB gives you all necessary tools, including a graphical user interface, with streaming data for stocks and futures. Yeah, their charting is not so good; I have been using Ensign, $40 a/mon, and now I am starting Sierra Charts. $36 a/mon cause I can use it with Open E cry, which is also good for futures.

MB Trading for futures is less than good. Only trades limited contracts, not NBOT, not set for livestock, or indexes. Now require exchange fees, to access data free with IB and Open E Cry. Balances are always wrong from their clearing firm. Possible to buy expiring contract by accident. Hassles are large with them, and to transfer to somebody else (Hassles and excuses are the rule)

Bottom Line: IB is good for stocks and futures if you have your own research
    Open- E cry is good for futures if you have your own research

MB Trading is less than adequate for futures, in my opinion:mad: :D

#14     Aug 2, 2008