Help me choose a news service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Traderham, Nov 3, 2011.

1. CvH, YouTube/Google are having some issues. My video shows as "processing". During processing time, it's only available using a direct link. Once it finishes processing, it will be viewable in my channel as well as by doing a search.

Processing normally takes a few minutes after a video has been uploaded. But for me and many others, it's been taking days to weeks. I visited the Google/YouTube help forum and lots of people are reporting this issue. So I can only assume Google is working on a fix.

Very unprofessional of Google! :D

#21     Jan 24, 2012
  2. CvH

CvH

maybe they are too busy spying people out
    together with their colleagues at LinkedIn

#22     Jan 24, 2012
  3. kashbg

kashbg

I would have to agree with Traderham on the importance of news. News are important part of my style of trading. It has saved me number of times, just because I know maybe why ...!

And then again, I seem to remember someone saying:

"If you do not know better, you never miss it"

#23     Jan 24, 2012
  4. mgrund

mgrund

I have been listening to a few of these news /squawk service.From experience, I have noticed that alot ( 90%) of the news that is sqawaked is totally irrelavant.

One of the news services this morning squawed "The Bunds Popped" as it broke out of its range by 2 ticks, only to retrace by 7 ticks.No wonder these guys squawk and dont trade.Rather like the old classic addage "If you can't do it, teach it"

#24     Mar 22, 2012
  5. CvH

CvH

Might have been RanSquawk - they specialize in redundancy and ignorance.

But then again we must be wrong ... they call themselves analysts and economists :)

#25     Mar 22, 2012
  6. If it went up by 2 ticks, then down by 7, that's a nine tick movement. If they alerted you to a nine tick move, then they did their job. They may tell you "The Buds Popped", but that's not a recommendation to buy or sell. It's your decision to go long or short (or do nothing). Lots of "pups" fade quick. And there are lots of fake outs. I like the fact that these services just bring news and other potentially relevant trade able events to my attention. What I do with that info, is my choice. There are lots of services out there telling you to buy or sell. And I believe (as most do here) that those are scams.

I agree that over 90% of the news does not end up being trade-able. Some days I don't put on any trades at all. And the "analysts" bringing you the news don't know if it's gonna be trade-able or not. They scour the thousands of headlines that come across the wires every day and do their best to separate the ones that may have potential. They also have scanners checking on various technical indicators (e.g. "pups") to alert you of potential movements. They never give any bias to direction.

Successfully trading the news only comes from experience. And having this type of news allows me to turn off CNBC/Bloomberg so I don't have to listen to the real idiots trying to throw off my trading. :D :D

#26     Mar 22, 2012
  7. CvH

CvH

Correct - unfortunately not everyone can afford this service - in Europe they charge you about US$ 1,850 plus 19 % VAT plus exchange fees, if applicable, for a single work station.

That is okay for an institution that has the entire infrastructure based on the Reuters app.

I would love to pay $400 or $500 for their news feed, but they do not offer news service alone.

#27     Mar 23, 2012
  8. CvH

CvH

News and announcements always have to be put in the proper context - without that they only do harm your bottom line.

mgrund, as it seems to me, did not question the usefulness of having news (or a squawk service for that matter), rather the qualification and competency of various services in providing relevant and useable information in a convenient manner in that regard.

And I can only agree - it is insufficient, at least, what some self-announced experts provide under the label of news/squawk service ... that reminds me as well of these 'educators' and trading secret sellers aka scam artists.

#28     Mar 23, 2012
  9. bcgator

bcgator

#29     Apr 11, 2012
  10. Benzinga is a total joke. Recycled garbage full of useless advertising. I challenge anyone to find something useful on that site.

#30     Apr 22, 2012