Help me choose a news service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Traderham, Nov 3, 2011.

1. CvH

CvH

Nice review ! What a lot of effort producing it.
    Let's hope people will appreciate it.

#11     Jan 20, 2012
  2. kashbg

kashbg

Traderham, thanks for the great video.

#12     Jan 20, 2012
  3. CvH

CvH

Actually I find DowJones Newswires for text and FCMarketSquawk for audio a better alternative than the above combination.

Since you have an account with IB you can get a trial for DJ via their platform, if I remember correctly.

However, both might be too much geared towards macro news and not enough towards single stock news for your needs.

Btw, liked your screen tree ... how many inputs does it take to get you confused ?! :p

Only few ever got rich digging for gold.
    But there is a lot of money to be made
    ... selling goods and services to those digging for it.

#13     Jan 20, 2012
  4. I tried the DJ newswire from IB. Too many headlines flying in all the time. And filters just didn't work for me. And I need audio to direct my attention when I'm not watching the news ticker. FCMarkets is good, but too macro. Benzinga covers lots of stocks, something none of the others do as much. And the Lite version of Ransquawk is very reasonably priced at $30/month.

And there is never such a thing as too many monitors :)

#14     Jan 20, 2012
  5. I am not convinced that all those sources are worth it, because the news itself is useless by the time the public receives it.

WHAT I BELIEVE I SHOULD READ IS THIS: THE CHART(and only the chart)!

BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM OF COURSE: not everyone could know how to read it, and only a minority will ever be able to read it, because by the nature of price/the market, only the minority could be right and the majority must be wrong, because of the effect of the negative sum game.

Each human has his opinion, just like each human has his own asshole.

I do not believe a person with an asshole would ever disprove what I wrote above, because fundamental laws (like the negative sum game) cannot be changed.

But if you have an asshole and think I should change my views, please explain your view with facts and/or sound reasoning.

#15     Jan 20, 2012
  6. BCE

BCE

EON Kid from the CL thread recommends:
    "Newsstrike.com realtime free news"

I downloaded it and installed it, but so far have a hard time deciphering what they're saying. He tells me I have to get used to it.

Thanks much for taking the time to do the video review, Traderham. Very much appreciated. :) Just listening to it now.

#16     Jan 20, 2012
  7. bc1

bc1

I haven't watched Bloomberg much. Which one has more cleavage? CNBC has a little with emphasis on "little".

#17     Jan 20, 2012
  8. CvH

CvH

Sorry, this is beyond my comprehension - I am just an ordinary guy.
    But I guess, what you want to tell the world is :
    Every asshole can read a chart.
    If so, I wholeheartedly agree !

#18     Jan 20, 2012
  9. So breaking news isn't important to traders???? Wow! Now I've heard everything ;-)

We all have different trading styles. For daytraders, such as myself, volatility is important. Breaking news brings movement and volatility, sometimes to the whole market, or specific stocks. You seem to imply the only move is in the initial move. I agree that us retail traders will never catch that initial move, no matter how fast we receive the news. However there are always other waves after the first one. Breaking news alerts us to be aware of the following waves, which may be surf-able. And sometimes it's not surf-able. That's for an individual trader to decide based on their experience.

A stock that rushes up or down rarely stays at that level. It can go up/down further, or reverse quickly. This provides opportunity.

And to others who have responded, thanks for the kind words. I hope to see other traders make their own videos.

#19     Jan 20, 2012
  10. CvH

CvH

Hi, Traderham

Your video seems to be only accessible via the link you provided here.
    It is not listed on your YouTube channel page.
    nor can it be found searching the YouTube website.

Was that your intention, a secret video for the ET community ?

Would be surprised, certainly since you are now a respected member of the LinkedIn community with 5 or more friends and therefore finally considered a professional trader, even according to TradeTheNews' baffling criteria.

#20     Jan 24, 2012