Help-Matrox Triple Head 2 Go-Install on HP Pavilion zv6233nr Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alpha_T, Oct 14, 2006.

1. alpha_T

alpha_T

Can anyone help me?

I have purchased the Matrox Triple Head 2 Go monitor splitter to add 3 monitors to my HP Pavilion zv6233nr laptop (less than 1 yr old) However,,,,
    *my laptop has the ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 Series video card for which HP provides the driver 8.162.0.0 but the Matrox software will only run with the following drivers:6.14.10.6497, 6.14.10.6505, 6.14.10.6539, 8.163.0.0.
    *Gone to HP requesting help to install one of the req'd drivers but no support. HP says Matrox should help.
    *Gone to Matrox which says that HP has to provide the driver and they cannot change their software. Note: at the Matrox website when you run their test it says that they support my laptop.
    *Gone to ATI and they say that HP has to provide the driver
    *Gone to my local computer technican and they think if HP does not support then I should return the Matrox Triple Head 2 Go

Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this?
    Does anyone know if it is possible to pick up a 3d party driver and install on my laptop (my local video technican doubts it)?
    Does anyone know of any sites where I can pick up a driver and get installation instructions?

Already spent alot of money and time on this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

2. gpzany

gpzany

Hi alpha,

why not just upgrade the driver on your laptop to the latest from ATI from their website?

Since the laptop is using an ATI graphics chip, it shouldn't be a problem..... try it, and if there is a problem, you can always go back to the original HP driver...

3. alpha_T

alpha_T

Thanks gpzany,

One of the first steps I took was contacting ATI > the technician said that each manufacturer has to customize the ATI drivers for laptops (unlike desktops) before they will work. A local IT store also confirmed this. I am told that the Matrox TH2Go will only work if I get HP to customize one of the possible drivers

One of the HP technicians recommended that I try installing the 6.14.10.6497 driver provided by Gateway.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/...deo DriverVersion: 6.14.10.6497&uid=137863873
    I tried installing both directly and after first unsinstalling my driver. In both cases when I reboot my computer the current driver reinstalls. It seems difficult to override the HP settings.

Has anyone ever installed a non-HP provided driver on an HP laptop (or other manufacturer)?
    When you install is it only the driver you install or is it more than that including overriding control settings.
    Other than the Matrox Triple Head 2 Go - does anyone know of another product which permits 3 monitors to be added to a laptop?

Any other suggestions are highly appreciated.