Help! Longshot Alert: Newbie Needs a Remote Prop home with no deposit.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by drjmpc, Aug 8, 2008.

1. if you deposit money into a prop firm you cant get that "deposit" back for a year if i remember correctly. Tell him to buy some bond or div paying stock in his account and get quotes switched off

#21     Aug 11, 2008
  2. Why is it that people are having a lock up period for a year with your deposit
    I dont understand
    Already this business is tuff enoughjt and if a person wants to leave he has to wait for 1 year till the contract get,s over to get his deposit back

#22     Aug 11, 2008
  3. They don't lock up any money. You pay 4k to get trained and enter the program. There is a refund the first 10 days and after that the money is gone. It isn't a deposit, it is a payment.

#23     Aug 11, 2008
  4. its a sec rule. or at least what i was told by 2 diffrent prop firms

#24     Aug 11, 2008
  5. Gr8Veto

Gr8Veto

Lmao

#25     Aug 12, 2008
  6. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

Any firm that lets you trade remote without a deposit of any kind is foolish. If you can find one go for it. And let the rest of us know the name. The firm has everything to lose and nothing to gain except 50% of your profits for a couple months until you build up a few dollars and go to a firm that pays 100% It's a losing business model.

There is a lot of discussion about "training fees" lately. Apparently this is where the prop industry model is going. Simply find a reputable firm that will return your training fee, minus any losses, if you decide to leave.

#26     Aug 12, 2008