Help learning about a Firm "Traders Capital" in Chicago.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by GustyWind, Dec 2, 2009.

1. GustyWind

GustyWind

While there was no structure plans for training or education, they mention of providing a senior trader as a mentor. I would be given a desk and simulation to train on, learn and trade the same time. I am required to put down $2000 of my own money for trading, which I think is not a big amount in asking as such. I am not sure that will change later. So far I have been getting more negative vibes from all the postings so not sure of moving along with the firm. I have not met with any other traders so far working with them as of yet. I want to make a career in trading in right ways and for the right reasons.

Thanks everyone once again for all the feedback.

#21     Dec 5, 2009
  2. somehow, this just looks like a prop firm. And they pretty much require you to put some capital down.

But going to a firm like this in no way guarantees you success, but any method to learn trading may have some merit. One way or the other, you still have to pay the piper to learn how to really trade effectively. It usually takes a lot more effort than most newbies believe.

#22     Dec 6, 2009
  3. #23     Dec 6, 2009
  4. lets try it again, where rather than you posting a comprehensive list of all known prop firms, and claiming that a subset of them require no fee...

that you providing the list of those that do not require a fee. For new traders, as that was obviously the point of the thread.

And that these are not 1-man, "just opened last week", fly-by-night, or other bizarre entity.

#24     Dec 6, 2009
  5. there are some very reputable firms on that list. do some research before spewing.....

once again, you are incorrect

#25     Dec 6, 2009
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have to agree with Mike here. There are countless firms in Chicago that fully back traders and are very reputable. I think Mike, like others on here probably feel that if one is not willing to spend maybe 10 minutes doing some research, they probably are not going to have to worry about getting an interview at one of these firms.

#26     Dec 6, 2009
  7. pokito

pokito

#27     Dec 6, 2009
  8. wrong point

#28     Dec 7, 2009
  9. #29     Dec 7, 2009
  10. spinn

spinn

why would anyone need to go to a prop shop to trade futures......by definition you get leverage and dont need cash unless you want to trade 20 contracts which would be nuts for a noob.

#30     Dec 7, 2009