Help, I've been chopped!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NoDoji, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Xhale12

Xhale12

I could care less about seeing a statement of hers.

It's fairly easy to determine who knows their stuff and whos just bullsh*tting. After starting to go through ND's posts, it's some of the best trading material I've read on this or any other forum (and I've read quite a bunch).

Thanks for all you do ND.

#101     Jan 27, 2014
  2. k p

k p

Thanks for taking a look! I must have missed the fact that these Block Breaks are drawn around an area that is already appearing to trend. It does certainly make more sense this way. I was thinking just any area where the consolidation happens and the bars seem to be pushing against a level numerous times would qualify. And so my learning continues..... :p

#102     Jan 27, 2014
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Right, the context is more important than the pattern itself. My favorite trend following setup is what I call the 1-min continuation, most similar to Volman's First Break and Second Break. Now the pattern itself appears all over the place, but it's important to trade it in a strong trend or a strong trending move, not just anywhere the little pattern appears.

#103     Jan 27, 2014
  4. cmb

cmb Guest

Hmm yes posting on ET does not take up too much time. 50k is only 5000 ticks, net profit per contract traded per year? isn't that what traders do? they make money. you know that 5000 ticks over 200 trading days is only 25 ticks a day.

#104     Jan 27, 2014
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

That would be about right for an experienced CL scalper.

I don't disclose exactly how I trade; I simply share the price action concepts behind how I trade. I can think several effective ways my top with-trend setup can be traded and Bob Volman's book describes it similarly with many examples of each setup.

Al Brooks gives away the keys to the kingdom in his books.

RN has shared the same stuff recently.

dbPhoenix is handing people money on a platter.

We're not creating competition because price action trading takes advantage of price value zones where large players will be likely to not only defend, but then push price to the next level.

The other reason we're not creating competition is because the amount of work necessary to master this is beyond the motivation of most people, and the type of mindset necessary to then trade a solid plan is so counter-intuitive that it feels like a brick wall to almost everyone who tries.

#105     Jan 27, 2014
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Particularly on a day when practically everybody is trading in the wrong direction, a statement like this rings like a Chinese gong.

#106     Jan 27, 2014
  7. k p

k p

dbPhoenix is the tough but loving parent. He doesn't give it away, but tells you how to find it. He makes you start a journal, take notes, test patterns... all hard work! LOL... Sure its more rewarding in the end cause now you know how to do it, but I prefer the platter approach (ie. trade this setup which has an 80% success rate and just take the trade each time you see it!!!) :p

#107     Jan 27, 2014
  8. you should only trade when extremes of emotion are present. That way prices will tend to be unidirectional. Some intraday time intervals are known to be quiet/consolidative in nature, ie lunch time.

#108     Jan 27, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I offer that as well, but hardly anyone partakes of it because they think it's a trick :)

#109     Jan 27, 2014
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Funny. That's exactly the point I was trying to make in chat today.

#110     Jan 27, 2014