HELP!! Is there a alternitive to No-Signal? (e-signal)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nofear777, Nov 27, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

I assume US? If yes, then just sign up for zen-fire (free feed with any broker that offer it), and this will give you both tic for tic reliable data and great execution feed.

#51     Nov 29, 2007

2. Its directly corolated with overall volume in the markets.

And theres been big volume spikes recently (probably a temp bottom).

#52     Nov 29, 2007
  3. Because (I assume) theres alot more equities than futures so more info esignal has to deal with.

#53     Nov 29, 2007
  4. just21

just21

Has any one tried www.opentick.com with amibroker? There is a plugin for this on the opentick site.

#54     Nov 29, 2007
  5. jd7419

jd7419

Alright guys I just signed upfor prophet x active trader though dtniq. Sales rep said it is the same speed as dtniq but has more funtionality. I really could care less about macd, rsi and all that bullshit. I just want speed and reliable quotes which esignal has deemed no longer important. I will get back to you guys and let you know how dtn is working. I used dtn in the past and esignal was faster but i can't imagine that is the case anymore. I will report back with my findings.

#55     Nov 29, 2007
  6. jd7419

jd7419

Unbelievably esignal is working about a 1/10 of a second faster on es quotes right now is I eyeball it. It's like they just flipped a switch. I really am going to have to wait for one of the times when esignal is performing like crap(like all the time recently) and compare the two again by eyeballing them.

#56     Nov 29, 2007
  7. jd7419

jd7419

Ok just saw it happen after staring for a good amout of time at the ym on both feeds. On the 15:31 1 minute bar dtniq was ahead by almost 8 ticks on the ym. It looks like dtn is faster when the market moves fast, but in slow environments esignal is ahead by 1/10 of a sec. Since I will not be trading tomorrow I will spend alot of time watching these feeds side by side.

#57     Nov 29, 2007
  8. 9999

I was gonna sign up with opentick, then I read their C.A. and I changed my mind. It's downright nasty. Personally, I believe it should be illegal.

#58     Nov 29, 2007
  9. le140

le140

I am running TradeStation with 4 LCDs and 16 charts open on different time frames. Not a tick delay on ER2 even on FED day, and TS is free. I am very happy to switch over from qcharts and esignal. I used to subscribe to both.

#59     Nov 29, 2007
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

I would be very curious to see what you find. I did something similar in past and found almost no difference in the feeds with esignal being fraction of a second faster from time to time. I tested the feeds on Eurex DAX futures.

#60     Nov 29, 2007