HELP!! Is there a alternitive to No-Signal? (e-signal)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nofear777, Nov 27, 2007.

1. So what's your response to your customers, those of us who have seen data lagging and slowing in fast markets for months? How do you intend to compensate us?

Let me guess.... you'll tell us to go to hell, right?

I avoided DTN/IQ for a long time, mainly because of horror stories I heard on here. To the OP, I wouldn't expect DTN/IQ to be significantly better than ESignal. However, I no longer believe that ESignal is significantly better than DTN/IQ. I am paying $185/month for the privilige of watching ESignal lagging even the IB feed, which I see in ButtonTrader simultaneously, and which doesn't exactly have the best rep for data quality. How much would it cost for me to get the same products from DTN/IQ? Probably half that.

At this point, I can't afford the $600++/month for real professional data, since it represents about 0.6% of my trading capital.

I'm ready to make the switch.

#41     Nov 29, 2007
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Metastock Quotecenter is an alternative to eSucks. I have tried both, I cancelled eSucks within a couple of months in utter disgust, I continue to use Quotecenter and am happy with the product and the support. It is an institutional grade platform at retail prices (it was the Bridge platform). eSucks is a retail toy priced as a pro platform once you have factored in all the sneaky surcharges etc. Once I switched to Quotecenter something miraculous must have happened to my ISP as it stopped causing me data feed problems......................

If you are using a third party app that is fed by eSucks you may be able to run it from Quotecenter by using one of Metaservers adaptors that converts DDE input to DBC emulation

#42     Nov 29, 2007
  3. mokwit, I switched from Metastock to Amibroker years ago, partly because I was unsatisfied with the data after Metastock was acquired by Reuters. It's good to hear that you're happy with your service, but can you confirm that the feed you are getting is a Reuters feed? I don't know much about the Bridge platform, I'll try to look it up, but any info you have would be appreciated.

Part of my problem is that seamless plug-ins for Amibroker only exist for ESucks, DTN/IQ and a few other retail-level feeds. I had a sweet deal offered to me for CQG when I was at Advantage Futures, but I couldn't get the data into Amibroker :(

I think this thread will push me over the edge...

#43     Nov 29, 2007
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Perhaps you can tell us how much eSignal will spend on marketing so we can all get an idea as to where the relative priorities lie.

#44     Nov 29, 2007
  5. Obviously they spend a good deal of money on PR because as soon as this post was created they sent chuck on my thread to perform dammage control and PR functions.

Thats better PR response than most presidents get..

I wonder how much that costs.

Back to the point.

When I find something better I am going to persuade my entire group to dump Esignal and switch. It shouldnt be hard because
    everyone has about had it.

I've been daytrading for a long time. I've used ILX, AT financial, and they had problems as well..... But nothing like this.. ever.

This is the sad truth about monopolies. They get bloated and lazy, and here is the "finished" product we get.

#45     Nov 29, 2007
  6. Thank you for so many constructive responses.

I have been reading them and weighing all suggestions.

Right now I mainly trade NYSE stocks, not futures. I do follow the futures however.

I use time and sales functions, fixed quotes, interday 1 minute charts and daily charts.

I have everything I need in esignal, if it only worked the way it should.

Based on what I need, which one of these other platforms would you recommend for me (and others)?

I appreciate your responses very much.

#46     Nov 29, 2007
  7. et123

et123

I don't understand why but eSignal data delay has been occurring with increasing frequency ... even a slow day like today (11/29) all morning with a little bump in volume the charts stop update while IB's feed is going ... they can't blame volume spike on a day like today...sucks big time.

#47     Nov 29, 2007
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

What a difference between stocks and futures. It looks like esignal really needs to invest into feeds for equities. The feed is stable and fast for futures. Apparently all this week issues with Eurex were caused by Eurex itself. If anyone here knows of a better feed to futures that can be plugged into NinjaTrader, I am all ears. Like it was said before, such feed exists for US futures – it is zen-fire, but it can not be used for Eurex just yet.

#48     Nov 29, 2007
  9. :)

SWEEEEEEEEEET

#49     Nov 29, 2007
  10. et123

et123

My problem is/has been with futures...I currently only trade the emini's.

#50     Nov 29, 2007