HELP!! Is there a alternitive to No-Signal? (e-signal)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nofear777, Nov 27, 2007.

1. jd7419

jd7419

Same experience I have had. Actually esignal being a little faster on es nq etc. It pisses me off because I really want to switch from esignal. Anyway yesterday 11/26 was one of the worst days I have had with esignal(6 year user). Alot of the stocks I had on my order entry were 3 to 4 secs ahead of e signal. Simply unacceptable. Unfortunately I don't have a better solution except for cqg which is about double the price.

#21     Nov 27, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have also noticed that. E-signal is a fraction faster some time, but not a lot. For trading futures, zen-fire feed to Ninja is as fast/reliable as it can be, but I can not use it for Eurex, so staying with e-signal/Ninja and X-Trader combination.

#22     Nov 27, 2007
  3. I posted to YOU about this over a 2 years ago... You ignored it... A year ago... And 6 months ago

Others have posted to you about it... you have ignored them too...

<font color="#FF0000">You need multi threaded advanced charting software and data feed system<br>Not A SINGLE THREADED charting and data feed system... </font>

You could throw a billion dollars at your hardware... big deal... it will not help... until and unless you have a **mutil threaded** charting and data manager feed software you are pushing on a string...

It does not matter that Reg NMS has increased volume over the last year... What is your excuse 2 - 3 years ago?

You choose, instead of doing the right thing, to try to buy out everybody you could as a biz model instead of improving what you should have...

Now you are going to lose and are losing market share... and hopefully you will go the way of Chuck Prince... and rightfully so...

I quit eSig because of this problem 2 years ago... You have cost traders money in a your real time yet delayed feed on market volume bursts...

#23     Nov 27, 2007
  4. chud

chud

I'm pretty sure Esignal's server software that sends all the Free Seminar! spam is multithreaded and running on a state of the art supercomputer. They never seem to have trouble sending those emails out.

#24     Nov 27, 2007

5. You people were 100% unprepared for NYSE becoming automated. Everyone knew that unless esignal did something it would run into major problems.

You guys were having problems before NYSE became automated and once it did it became a wreck.

I know you are just doing your job, but the truth is esignal simply only works when the market is flat.

When theres any kind of serious selling or buying programs kicking in your ESIGNAL goes down the toilet. Data becomes heavily congested and any info I try to get any info out of esignal ,at times, up to and over a minute.

My system specs.

CPU .q6600 water cooled running at 3600 mhz.

Video card. GF 8800 Ultra's running multiple monitors.

Memory. 4 gigs of OCZ platinum revision 2.

MOBO EVGA 680i SLI

Internet connection. High speed cable.
    My order entry never has a hiccup during heavy traffic.

200 gigs of free hard drive space.

#25     Nov 28, 2007

6. Just curious, what did you switch to once you quit esig?

#26     Nov 28, 2007
  7. jd7419

jd7419

Hey Chuck,

This morning esignal was sucking again. You guys need to get your acts together quick or a mass exodus might happen. Get with the times and let my q6600 take advantage of your software.

#27     Nov 28, 2007
  8. You could give Tenfore a shot. They have a 1 month demo available. Pricing is a bit higher (altho not much) than eSignal, IIRC. They are a bitch to deal with tho, it took me like a month to arrange a demo account.

#28     Nov 28, 2007
  9. jd and others with eSignal - I was with eSignal well over one year ago and faced the same problems you currently are. These problems are recurring and eSignal staff always have a 'upgrades coming, just wait' line. Well, I was fed the same junk you are being fed here and I finally said enough and dumped them.

I suggest you do the same. You can always come back to them if they do get their acts together. In the meantime, you need a platform that actually works. I can't tell you how much less stressful my day is knowing my platforms are stable and reliable.

I use Open ECry's charting as my main charting and MultiCharts with Open ECry data as backup.

Wouldn't you know that OEC's FREE charting and data is so much more stable and reliable than what you PAY eSignal for it's not even close.

#29     Nov 28, 2007
  10. NeoTicker for Chart app...

IqFeed 4.2 for Feed... (DTN)

#30     Nov 28, 2007