Help! Is anyone having trouble accessing OpenECry?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ttosifa, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ttosifa

ttosifa

Ha -- my wife could not access her account at work. Her IT tech told her there was no problem with their computers. Eerily familiar... She calls Comcast, and now they admit they are having problems with their switches. Maybe that the rebooting solved my problem was a coinkidink.

Now I can't access Oscar Carboni's site. Is he calling for an up or a down day tomorrow? Just joking -- I'll use my Blackberry to find out.

#11     Apr 19, 2007
  2. Ticked

Ticked

Same problem here. Was fine all week including that night when the original poster was having trouble. Now I can't get on. I am also with Comcast [PA]. Error message says: Can't connect to OEC server. Check internet connection.

Obviously internet connection is fine. Unless I'm mistaken, the internet is the internet, right? If I can access my company's intranet, my e-mail, use two different browsers, surf anywhere...how can it be Comcast's fault?

Rebooted, 3X, called Comcast and also downloaded OEC to another PC that is cabled to the modem [other one is wireless] - no good. This started Saturday night. Any ideas?

Thanks
    T.

#12     Apr 22, 2007
  3. ttosifa

ttosifa

For me it started Friday after market close. I hadn't checked again until your post, and I can't get in either (Comcast, MD). I just assumed they were doing maintenance or something. Please let me know what you find out.

#13     Apr 22, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

can't connect either, FiberOS Verizon Sunday 10:46am NY time.

#14     Apr 22, 2007
  5. let me go see if I can connect

#15     Apr 22, 2007
  6. Just got connected. Was unable all day Saturday.

#16     Apr 22, 2007
  7. "fired right up", no prob here in ComCast Colorado

#17     Apr 22, 2007
  8. ttosifa

ttosifa

I'm in too. Happy trading!

#18     Apr 22, 2007
  9. look...this thread is worthless....it a communication problem....I do not think open E-cry is selecting regions to shut down...

may I remind myself and others here...that Open E-cry is not a sponsor here...

Michael B.

#19     Apr 22, 2007
  10. ttosifa

ttosifa

It was helpful to me the night I started it because the fact that it was regional and ISP-specific indicated it was a problem with my ISP. I could go to Comcast and tell them they had a problem, and give them evidence. Otherwise they would have just continued to tell me to contact the website. Comcast eventually discovered some of their switches were malfunctioning, and everything has worked perfectly since.

I agree that it should be made clear that this was an ISP problem and has nothing to do OEC. I think OEC often shuts down Friday after MC, so I don't worry about until Sunday evening. Never been a problem so far.

#20     Apr 22, 2007