Help! IB Smart Routing vs. Island

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by SleepingGiant, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Hey ETers,

I am trading ETFs and I've been experiencing some large (10 second+ !) :eek: delays when using IB's Smart Routing on a rather consistent basis (not just during "fast markets"). I'm not sure why this is, but it is definitely costing me in terms of slippage (at least 5+ cents in SPY, for example). I've been getting filled on ISLAND, CAES, and the NYSE. All of my orders have been market orders thus far.

At this point, I'm not sure how to correct this, but I was thinking that routing ETF orders directly to ISLAND might help.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Please send an email to help@interactivebrokers.com with your account number and the order-ids you experienced problems with. You need to include "mg101" in the subject line, that way the email gets routed to me. Thanks.

3. IBSoft, I just sent an email to help@interactivebrokers.com with the info you requested. Thanks for your help.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I got it, thanks. I'll get back to you most likely tomorrow.

5. i dont trade SPY but im wondering what kind of slippage is "normal" on SPY and how many shares you can move easily with no slippage