Help! How much did I just lose!?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Relleum, Jan 10, 2007.

1. def

def Sponsor

You really need to read our charges carefully.

Cancel/Modify fees only apply for stocks that orders that do NOT use SMART routing AND are directly routed to a specific exchange via an API. Since you placed the orders manually there would be no charge.

#11     Jan 10, 2007
  2. good God, people. don't tease the boy.

dude, you only lost 10cents per change, which is what they charge for changes. so let's say you made 100 changes, then you lost $10. big woop. that's what a normal place would charge for one trade!

#12     Jan 10, 2007
  3. ok, i didn't read interactive brokers dude's response before i posted that last one. listen to him, not me. either way, no big woop....

#13     Jan 10, 2007
  4. Wetton

Wetton

"Let's see, 2500 shares, about 25 changes:...."

Your order wasn't huge, it was super giganto. Do the exchange's computers even handle that large of a number?

#14     Jan 10, 2007
  5. Hey, at least you don't take yourself too seriously. Good attribute for a trader... particularly one swinging huge size.

#15     Jan 10, 2007
  6. mjh

mjh

Hahahahahaha Rotflmao ---good one!!

#16     Jan 10, 2007
  7. mjh

mjh

Cut it out Im dying of laughter and my dog is lookin at me funny hahhahaha..............

#17     Jan 10, 2007
  8. I hate to tell you this---but I asked the same question becuz the same thing happened to me and an agent from IB even said it was ok like he's saying now --but then they charged me $10 US
    per "pretend/practice" cancel order. Anyhow I would go and tell your wife not to buy anything for awhile and get on your hands and knees and grovel like a dog.

#18     Jan 10, 2007
  9. Yeah, but it was BRKA. :D

#19     Jan 10, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

that's a bad attitude that's going to cost you big one day.

#20     Jan 10, 2007