Help! How much did I just lose!?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Relleum, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Relleum

Today is the first day that my new IB account is funded. So I was exploring through TWS, and as a test after hours, I placed several limit orders for US equities, updating the limit amounts *SEVERAL* times, and cancelling and replacing the limit order at least 10 times.....

....Then i realized that they charge to cancel/modify?!?!?! If this is the case, I probably blew at least $50 in 10 minutes for no reason!

I'm looking all over TWS and account management, and I can't find a report that breaks down what i just did!

2. your current account balance should show the accrued charges or worst case tomorrow's account balance will be updated to account for the charges.
  3. Relleum

so I definitely screwed up? Where can I find the exact rules so I don't mess up again?
  4. LT701

i thought charge for changes was only for options

do they do this for equities and futures too??????
  5. Relleum

Can someone help? I have a huge limit order and i'm reluctant to change the limit price because I don't know what I am paying!
  6. Ebo

You may have blown 1/2 your account!
  7. tef8

For stocks it's not that expensive, ton o changes every day and i received a 5 buck charge (one time for all day).
    Probably not a big deal unless you change options - that's expensive!
    ps - surf their website for the charges
  8. If you have a HUGE limit order out there, why are you panicking over possibly $50?

9. rwk

10. Relleum

Relleum that "0.12/Cancel or modify order" per share or per action?

I thought it was per share!

Hehehe, that is too funny..

Let's see, 2500 shares, about 25 changes:

2500 x 25 x .012 = $750.00 dollars

ok, this is my single allowance of a newb-panic-retarded-forum-post for 2007.

It wont happen again.

Until 2008.
    #10     Jan 10, 2007