Help! How much did I just lose!?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Relleum, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Relleum

Relleum

Today is the first day that my new IB account is funded. So I was exploring through TWS, and as a test after hours, I placed several limit orders for US equities, updating the limit amounts *SEVERAL* times, and cancelling and replacing the limit order at least 10 times.....

....Then i realized that they charge to cancel/modify?!?!?! If this is the case, I probably blew at least $50 in 10 minutes for no reason!

I'm looking all over TWS and account management, and I can't find a report that breaks down what i just did!

Help!

2. your current account balance should show the accrued charges or worst case tomorrow's account balance will be updated to account for the charges.

3. Relleum

Relleum

so I definitely screwed up? Where can I find the exact rules so I don't mess up again?

4. LT701

LT701

i thought charge for changes was only for options

do they do this for equities and futures too??????

5. Relleum

Relleum

Can someone help? I have a huge limit order and i'm reluctant to change the limit price because I don't know what I am paying!

6. Ebo

Ebo

You may have blown 1/2 your account!

7. tef8

tef8

For stocks it's not that expensive, ton o changes every day and i received a 5 buck charge (one time for all day).
    Probably not a big deal unless you change options - that's expensive!
    HTH
    ps - surf their website for the charges

8. If you have a HUGE limit order out there, why are you panicking over possibly $50?

9. rwk

rwk

10. Relleum

Relleum

wait.....is that "0.12/Cancel or modify order" per share or per action?

I thought it was per share!

Hehehe, that is too funny..

Let's see, 2500 shares, about 25 changes:

2500 x 25 x .012 = $750.00 dollars

ok, this is my single allowance of a newb-panic-retarded-forum-post for 2007.

It wont happen again.

Until 2008.

#10     Jan 10, 2007