Help! Good screen recording software!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by John47, Mar 28, 2006.

1. John47

John47

Hey I need some help deciding whats a good screen recording software. The aim is his:

Probably set up a computer nobody's trading on in the office w/ globex up and record the market as much of the day as we can. If we can do the whole day, good, if not then whatever we can. I remember some guys recording TS to see what the tape looks like before moves so whatever works for that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. Joe

Joe

Brandonf may have a solution, you might want to send him a PM. I belive he showed something like that before, I could be wrong.

3. FLNYSE

FLNYSE

check out camtasia studio. They offer a 30 day trial so you can try it out and see if you like it.

Good luck

4. John47:

I use a screen capture program that is made by Wisdom-Soft. Its called ScreenHunter and its free.

However, they also have a video recorder as well called Auto Screen Recorder. It will record any area on your screen to a flash movie.

Try the free version and if you need more features...upgrade to the Pro 2.1

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autoscreenrecorder.htm

Hope this helps

5. I use Camtasia. Works beautifully with some great extra features.

Make sure the computer you use has a 10,000 rpm hard drive and plenty of space. These movies can take up a lot of room depending on how much of the screen you choose to record.

6. John47

John47

Thanks to everyone that's helping me. I've used a program like this before, I think some of the one's mentioned.

FuturesTrader...I've read alot of your posts and I think what you use the software for is closest to my application. Quick question if you can, how long of a period of time do you record the tape for? Like I said, I'd like to record a whole day but less would be fine as well.

Thanks again

7. When I use it, I generally record my market depth window on X-Trader and the T&S window next to it. I run it from the time I start 7:30 AM ET until close of futures at 4:15 PM ET. As long as you have enough hard drive space, the program can handle it. When you play it back, you can scroll forwards and backwards to the time you need. You can set Camtasia to show the time on the recording. I enable the clock on X-Trader so that I can skip to the time I'm interested in relative to the move on the chart. I can't think of a more educational training tool.

8. bolter

bolter

Here's another free screen recorder app that works flawlessly. The files are tiny, quality is excellent but you can't edit the finished product.

http://www.zdsoft.com/downloads.html

9. jack8000

jack8000

Thank you for letting me know about AutoScreenRecorder Pro. In my experience, it's way easier to use screen recorder than Cam something.
    AutoScreenRecorder is designed for me, not a techie. It saves good quality video and no lag time.

I highly recommend AutoScreenRecorder to record your screens.

- Jumine Salaven

10. I have tried them to record seminars on hotcomm so I can review them later but hotcomm some how disables them so I cant record the screen . Anyone have any ideas how to get around that?

#10     Apr 5, 2006