Help! FX is a jerk!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Spxdes, Jun 11, 2009.

1. lol, that's just the friendly ET welcome and entrance test, if you survive the shit-kicking then you get to stay :D

Kidding and kicking aside, there are actually some very good traders here, don't forget this isn't predominately a forex site, the forex section is an aside from what I can tell.

I'll admit though that there are very few serious discussions about forex trading, this is more entertainment for traders rather than an educational site for those wanting to learn how to trade forex. FF on the other hand is suppressed by overmoderation and a bit sad in a way, everyone desperately seeking an oasis in the desert but drinking sand instead of water because it's all that's on offer, most of them can't tell the difference anyway.

One thing that will get a rough ride here is a snakeoil seller, and without anything tangible to say otherwise that's exactly what your Jacko guy is, selling dreams to the gullible.

#21     Jun 17, 2009
  2. baron193

baron193

I understand what you are saying, you see the problem is,
    the traders here that have mastered a way to trade, do not want to really share exactly how they do it, which perhaps says a lot about why you will find a lot of open discusion on FF of specific systems and or methods,
    lets face it, would you share your hard earned system or method with complete strangers on a forum???
    That makes it difficult to talk specifics on this forum....it doesn't leave a lot more to be said.
    If you really are finding what you are looking for in FF then......

#22     Jun 17, 2009
  3. It's hard to take Forex Factory serious when 98% of its members couldn't pass a seventh-grade spelling test. (Okay, okay. If you remove the "English is not my first language crowd," it's 94%.)

I'm sure the forum has its share of knowledgeable members, but damn, I can only read so many posts about alot of loosing trades, should of done what you done, your a NOOB, and false brakeouts before I want to shove pencils in my eyes.

#23     Jun 17, 2009
  4. euclid

euclid

I used to read FF a bit, but it just makes me cross. It's not so much the illiteracy but the innumeracy, and the institutionalised stupidity, that upsets me.

As for knowledgeable members, I saw a few come and go. None that stayed and posted regularly. The FF site ethos encourages the less able, which undoubtedly contributes to it's commercial success.

#24     Jun 17, 2009
  5. Hey someone mentioned me ? I am a regular at FF too okay.

When it comes to FX trading, its true FF has more activity, that's about it.

The reason for their high number is so simple, FX trading is cheap, the lower entry barrier means you are going to get more players, anybody can become a trader by opening an account for $10.

Like there is not enough crap where other major markets that requires much higher stake to play, can you imagine what you get from people holding $10 accounts ?

Take a closer look, mostly are just mental masturbation. It happens in any forums.

FF got good stuff and I learned a lot there, especially stuff about EA where you cant find here. But when it comes to subjects like TA and general economy...ET is the best

regards

#25     Jun 17, 2009
  6. The problem in FF is that many times its a situation of THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.

But like in the thread about Jacko..its really easy to keep going back and try to find another holy grail....reason is simple...people are losing $10 accounts, compare to a futures trader who got wiped out, the latter def learn to think harder before searching for another holy grail.

regards

#26     Jun 17, 2009
  7. I have survived the shit-kicking because I have stayed. I will try to be a worthwhile contributor.

#27     Jun 19, 2009
  8. Chicken.....egg.......:)

#28     Jun 20, 2009
  9. Yep, that's exactly what I thought when I read some of the threads, and it's simply not worth the time and hassle to try and put them straight.

#29     Jun 20, 2009
  10. euclid

euclid

And on FF you'd probably end up getting banned for your trouble. Besides, you've got enough work on your hands putting people straight around here!
    :D

#30     Jun 20, 2009