Help for the Canadian Guy!

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by BIG T Trader, Dec 24, 2005.

1. I had an emergency and couldn't trade for several months. When I got back the money was gone and the account was closed. I called customer service and they told me I had to apply again to open a new account even though IB had all my personal information and needed documents already. Of course, I didn't want to apply again and switched to a different broker.

#11     Dec 25, 2005
  2. Why is it someone needs to say they're "successful" in their 1st post? And 85% successful to boot, on a part-time basis! Man, that's impressive!

Going to Forex? No problemo! It's a walk in the park. Hugs and kisses from all those other forex traders welcoming you.

#12     Dec 25, 2005
  3. Most people walk right by homeless beggars. I had a friend whose brother became a jobless homeless drug addict. He developed a scam for begging, which was much more successful than straightforward begging. He came from a middle-class home, and so he did have a reasonably OK suit of clothing with a tie. He would wear it, begging in the NY financial district, pretending to be a wealthy individual who left his wallet in a taxicab, so that he has no resources by which to get home to New Jersey. He was able to collect a lot more money, using this pretense, than he could be representing himself honestly. He approached one of his own relatives with this scam, at first not realizing who it was, and then, only realized who it was after he delivered his sales pitch seeking money. He looked surprised and embarassed, and immediately turned around and rapidly walked away.

This is because people tend to identify with people who appear to be like themselves, and to shun those who appear to be different.

People who say they are successful traders perhaps feel this increases their chances of getting something from others.

#13     Dec 25, 2005
  4. If my 85% success comment offended some of you...I am sorry.

My point was that I am successful in the stock market but unfortunately I cannot continue trading there due to my day job - the irony is that I work for a Bank. If I could keep trading during the 9 to 5 EST time - I would because obviously there is a lot of deceit in the FOREX market.

I am trying to get as much info as I can about the Forex brokers, so that I do not lose my hard earned profits from Stocks. Obviously I will have to start out with 10 to 1 margin instead of 50 to 100 or 200 to 1, just in case I get hosed by fraud - but I am trying to find out now before I learn the hard way later.

#14     Dec 26, 2005
  5. I don't think anybody was offended.

#15     Dec 26, 2005
  6. 85% win rate by itself doesnt really mean too much. How many trades are involved over how long a period?

#16     Dec 26, 2005
  7. Getting off topic...

I am sorry I even mentioned it.

My 85% success rate is over 2 years and over many trades. I take a loss about 3 to 4 trades every 20 trades - or 1 or 2 every 10. It is no worse than 80%.

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND....please.

- Which Broker do you recommend and why?
    - Which Brokers do you not recommend and why?

#17     Dec 26, 2005
  8. #18     Dec 26, 2005