Help for a new fish

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Haroki, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Hey guys, as a new trader tired of seeing the 401k disappear down the crapper, I have been looking at software that can help me with my decision making. I realize that the majority of you don't need or trust that kind of help, but I sure could use it. I also have an inherent distrust of these programs, but I think it would help me with the learning curve if I can understand why such and such is recommended.

What can you recommend ?

My favorites to date is: Best Choice, Omnitrader, Wizetrade, and Tradestation.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Haroki

2. Haroki,

I have found the the pairs trading strategy is helpful because it is market neutral and therefore much harder to make really bad decisions. I subscribe to a site called www.pairstrading.com and it has been great. I use both their newsletter and their software and have been finally making money. Check it out.

If you hear of any good order entry software, let me know.

3. :confused: Damn, they must think we are dumb...

4. I trust you're not referring to my comment.

5. I am a trainer in Omnitrader, Wizetrade & Tradestation. If you'd like PM me and we can chat. :)

6. I am referring to any vendors that come on this site, try to infiltrate and act like a fellow trader when they are not - their sole agenda is to sell their product or service.

Usually they have a very small post count.

There are some real traders that also happen to be affiliated with a product or service but the ones with class tell people that up front -

Only you know what your real motives are.

7. I have noticed the same thing, but I'm not what you think... just new here. I've had a lot of success, at least relative to where I was before, and thought I'd share. I guess if you think I'm a vendor, ignore me. If you do have thoughts on the pairs trading strategy or some alternative sites, I'd be very interested to hear about them.

8. dcallaway

dcallaway

Avoid it like the plague.

#10     Feb 14, 2003