Help`! Did my PC get hacked ?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by trade2live, Jun 21, 2013.

1. My mon setup is working again. Everything is normal so far. I ran Malwarebytes, will do the full scan, will try this ISP thing. I am running a not very recent OS.
    I will use an old PC with win2k to browse forums, I believe the older your system the less attacks you get, malware is designed to work on new and recent stuff, not on obsolete machines (which btw still work OK).
    My advice : never trust any tech support.

#11     Jun 22, 2013

2. Is this a bad joke ?
    I googled ISP , it's a virus .

#12     Jun 22, 2013
  3. gaj

gaj

your belief is completely wrong.

#13     Jun 22, 2013
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is absolutely no reason to do that. But if you use an older computer, Windows XP is free, you don't even have to torrent it, it is available from MS's website.

So use that as a browsing computer, and if you get a virus, just reinstall it. It takes less than 30 minutes....

#14     Jun 22, 2013
  5. no problem letting microsoft security essentials run on my w7 box.

seems very light resource use on a decent computer.

#15     Jun 22, 2013
  6. Quote from hoodooman:

I had an intrusion the other day after going to a site about blood pressure.
    Internet Security Pro caught it and found over sixty files infected. It said the
    intruder "worm" could even read my credit card number. Good luck.

ISP is free by the way.

Is this a bad joke ?
    I googled ISP , it's a virus .

the full name is Microsoft security pro and its not a virus.

#16     Jun 23, 2013
  7. It's you who is either a sheep brainwashed by the IT industry or then you work yourself in IT , in tech support lol .

The reason they make you update all the time, is that they want to make you work for them , so you are the guinea pig testing new software they need to develop to keep revenues coming.
    The software industry has become a big scam. And one of the biggest polluters on the planet.

#17     Jun 23, 2013
  8. gaj

gaj

trade2 - used to be IT, 15 years ago. been a trader since. still keep up with it to help people, but hate the updating. so a bunch of wrong assumptions from the start.

the older software is generally NOT safer than newer ones. and fixes are done for older software on a secondary, not primary, basis.

#18     Jun 23, 2013
  9. Vivid

Vivid

Install a good firewall and a solid anti-virus software. Keep your windows updates up to date and that will never happen again.

#19     Jun 26, 2013