Help: Chart experts also please

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MTI_44, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Thanks for defining the purpose of this board. You come to the board clueless, yet you say you are a successful trader, and very good at risk management. If you are successful why ask for the help of others? Apparently you know everything there is to know about trading and risk management. Go with what got you here. Your 21.5% daily loss. :D

#11     Jan 22, 2007
  2. MTI_44

MTI_44

If you are going to tell me that you have never had a loss, and even a big one, I would be surprised if anyone believed you. So basically your every day you have had trading, you have always made money. Never lost. Yeah OOOOOOOOkay.
    Also, trading is more of an art than a science. So even the best traders in the world are stuck every once in a while and I am sure that there are times when you are not sure what to do either. And when did I sayd that I know everything there is to knwo about trading? If you can find it quote it for me. You down played me as a clueless guy who had no idea what he was doing right from the first reply. I replied that I am successful because I have made a good amount of money in the past. I was asking a question stupid. Everyone asks questions. You are a real idiot, you know that?

#12     Jan 23, 2007
  3. You know what is worse than being clueless? Not knowing you are clueless.

I gave you good advice. Invest in etf's or mutual funds until you know how to trade. It doesn't matter to me that you THINK you are a good trader, or that you ARE a good trader. And yes, I can honestly say I have never had a 21.5 percent loss in a stock in my entire life in one day. Even when I was a rookie.

#13     Jan 23, 2007
  4. MTI_44

MTI_44

I never said you had a 21.5% loss in one day. Read more carefully.
    Alright, I am not going to sit here all night and argue back and forth with you. This is beginning to become pointless since points are being made when no one know each other's trading background.I have a feeling that you are one of those people that have to get the last word in. So go ahead and post a reply. And in the future, don't reply to any of my questions, or for the benefit of everyone else, don't reply to their questions either

#14     Jan 23, 2007
  5. I'm sorry I got you upset, but coming to the board like a poor lost soul asking what to do on a stock that has dropped 21.5% is really kind of silly, don't you think? You might as well call cramer if you don't have a strategy when you purchase a stock.

#15     Jan 23, 2007
  6. comp652

comp652

Hold it. It'll go back up. Before you know it'll be at 200 +. They are a very good stock. It fell today for no reason what so ever. Just institutional zig zag and play.
    Nothing negative in the news about them. As a matter of fact they just bought out another company. They are growing and growing fast. Hold it for a few months.

#16     Jan 23, 2007
  7. MTI_44

MTI_44

Now that HolyGrail is done....

Thank you. That is very true. I got to see what it does tomorrow but I agree with you, I think that it will go up in a couple of months. I just was not sure how much more it would go down before it went back up.

#17     Jan 23, 2007
  8. I cant believe you are even thinking of holding on to this. Have you heard of the term risk/reward. I dont know anything about this stock, but based on the chart i would dump the stock as quickly as i can. Again anything can happen in stock market it could reverse and go all the way again. but odds are high that this stock is gonna go down lot more.

#18     Jan 23, 2007
  9. not claiming to be a chart expert but heres a few charts for you

http://i3.tinypic.com/2qdmtq8.gif

http://i12.tinypic.com/29az5he.gif

http://i18.tinypic.com/483dz04.gif

it looks like the low was 107.04 and it closed at the low 107.14

it did stop at the 50ma maybe that will help, guys have 31.00 in profit to protect, so maybe you might get a quick run up or a gap and crap tomorrow if it goes below 107.04 and runs back up thru it might get half of that candle up???

or guys might wait until the selling volume dries up, either way theres going to be supply up there around 125.00 where guys who bought last week and held will want out if it can get that high

I would think a lot of people will be watching it the next couple days for the dead cat bounce that will come and the shorts who will cover who just wanted a fast trade

theres guys who use the pristine thing that look for a candle like that to play for 2 days

good luck

#19     Jan 23, 2007
  10. hcour

hcour Guest

HolyGrail is absolutely correct and gave you relevant advice. You come on the board asking for help and then get insulted and insulting when someone tells you something you don't want to hear. Don't ask questions on ET if you can't deal w/the truth.

H

#20     Jan 23, 2007