help! cannot sleep well -- wake up too early...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mizhael, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I tried Melatonin and did feel foggy... I suspect it will affect my brain power. Anybody also tried Melatonin?

Thanks!

#31     Jun 18, 2009
  2. What is type "A" personality?

How to stop working after 6pm? There are so much information that we need to digest every day.
    If I eat my dinner too early, I ended up waking up early due to hungriness.
    Any thoughts?

#32     Jun 18, 2009
  3. hayman

hayman

Type "A" personaility is a compulsive personality, that you probably inherited from your parents. You need to de-stress, and do other things un-related to your trading, to take your mind off of it. Eat meals at regular times; try to get to sleep at the same time every night. Relax.

#33     Jun 18, 2009
  4. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

yeah, you're definitely not getting enough exercise/sexercise.

swimming is a really great & fun way to get a full body workout. i sleep like a baby when i go swimming.

also, you might find that you don't absolutely NEED 8 solid hours of sleep... let your body decide how much quality sleep it needs, don't just "allocate" 8 hours... sometimes i need 6, sometimes i need 10... your body is a lot more dynamic than it is static

#34     Jun 18, 2009
  5. spinn

spinn

try 3 grams or so of tryptophan before bed

#35     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

In today's nutrient deficient food environment one should do his own due diligence and supplement.. or find really good raw materials [range fed beef and chickens and high nutrient density veggies and seeds, berries, etc.].

Start with Omega3, get the highest quality one you can find, from fish..

After you master the food side of things move on to your health food store and hormone adjustments... get to know every product they have on the shelves. I would take opiates for pain and meth for energy but I found D-phenylalanine and Selegiline are much, much better versions without the addictions.. Selegiline is a special formulation of meth and a selective MAO inhibitor and is exactly what the doctor ordered for my personality, it sounds like the OP is in a similar mental state... once you get your digestion in good working order [believe it or not Metamucil is the best thing for that, people joke about it but the science is undeniable], and after a few months of building up your brain with Omega3's and the Brain nutrition formulas you are going to discover at your health food store, you are going to get into a better and more productive routine...

Exercise should be a half hour a day of something that makes you sweat a little. I have a wonderful dog that I raised from a puppy and she takes me for a walk in the mountains quite often. We walk a mile, all down hill and then we have no choice but to slug it out all the way back up the hill... it's a good workout.. I started walking just to the store about a quarter mile away a year ago and little by little I extended that, instead of getting in the car I put on the backpack and do all my errands on foot.. .it's really great once you get over all the lame thinking that keeps you from getting some exercise.. I'm going to start carrying some weight in each hand when I walk, it's supposed to enhance the exercise effect, if I could get a stroll to the library or the market, restaurant, etc. to be my thirty minutes of workout it would be too cool...

#36     Jun 18, 2009
  7. dozu888

dozu888

have lots of sex and you will sleep good.

Also do some cardio exercise will help.

#37     Jun 18, 2009
  8. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

Eight, that's an excellent contribution. Thank you.

#38     Jun 18, 2009
  9. volente_00

volente_00

#39     Jun 18, 2009
  10. Nice product - definitely gonna stop by the GNC store tomorrow to try some. Thanks for posting! :cool:

#40     Jun 19, 2009